The Bdworkshop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blackdiamond1964, May 27, 2021.

1. blackdiamond1964

blackdiamond1964 New Member

My site is almost complete with a few more additions I need to add to it. I have of my own two projects planned with the first one getting started. I have a possible collaboration waiting in the wings. In my last post I offered my services as a model maker. Oddly enough nobody contacted me. Time to move on.
    I'm starting this thread to announce my freeware TS2021 models that will be available on my site. What is my site about? I'm a bit nostalgic for old railroad, particularly old railroading in the anthracite region of northeastern Pennsylvania. I must be nuts for doing this... but my projects are historically based and as accurate as the TS2021 program and the history that I've uncovered will allow them to be.
    I have tried my hand at the Train Simulator before. I found it frustrating, I found myself spending more time looking for answers then building models or routes. While I don't have all the answers now, at least now I know where to look for them!
    For my content it will be a slow start as my projects will first consist of mainly trackwork, but as I start adding buildings and scenery the models will be uploaded quickly. My specially is scenery objects, like buildings, bridges however I plan to move into bigger and better things down the road.
    I will not be posting about project updates here. For that you need to go to my site. I will be updating frequently if not daily so keep an eye out for that. Information about my models however will be posted here.
    If you are interested in old-school railroading of the anthracite region and want to be part of the BDWorkshop projects, contact me. I like to turn this into a gathering place of like minded people to share thoughts and ideas about this hobby.

https://blackdiamondworkshop.weebly.com/

2. blackdiamond1964

My site is just about complete, both projects are in their early stages. I'd like to get some opinions on my web site. Is it laid out right? Is there too much information? Too little information? Is my objective not clear enough? Is there something I should add or remove? Looking for all constructive opinions here.

3. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

hello Scott, Just registering an interest and will look at your site in more detail and perhaps then comment. I do not do anything American normally but do Like the Sacramento interurban. In general I prefer to drive things older than I am, i.e. over 75. I used to drive an old Lister narrow gauge built in 1944. Time spent on Train Simulator is with the steam era and the old Swiss lines and locos. Hence your project interests me a lot. Apparently the trend is for modern stuff and that is what sells I am told. The commercial stuff in Train Simulator tends to be very poor re track sounds, micro-slip, engine sounds etc. so these, to me, would be very important to emulate. I look forward to keeping an eye on what you are up to and if I can will comment as you have asked.

• Like Like x 1
  4. blackdiamond1964

I too like to drive and experience routes that are older then I am, back in time before I was even born. The area I live in was a very different place back in the Laurel Line era, a very busy, productive and more populated place. Railroads where all over the valley and coal was still king. It must of been something to see.