Nyc Subway A/c/e Trains (8 Ave Line)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Mar 1, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Today, I am suggesting the 8 Ave Line (A/C/E Trains) of the NYC Subway for Train Sim World 2.

Most of the information can be found in this video:

The 8 Ave Line is a trunk line of the NYC Subway. The A, C, and E Trains run along it.

The A Train, also known as the 8 Ave Express, runs between Inwood - 207 St in Manhattan to Lefferts Blvd, Far Rockaway - Mott Ave, and Rockaway Park - Beach 116 St all in Queens. It runs Express between Washington Heights - 168 St and Euclid Ave during the day, and is fully local at night.

The C Train, also known as the 8 Ave Local, runs between Washington Heights - 168 St in Manhattan to Euclid Av in Brooklyn. It does not run during late nights, leading A Trains to take over Local service.

The E Train, also known as the 8 Ave Local, runs between Jamaica Center - Parsons Archer in Queens to the World Trade Center station in Lower Manhattan. It runs Express in Queens between Forest Hills - 71 Av to Queens Blvd during the day, and is fully local at night. During Rush Hours, most E Trains will go to Jamaica - 179 St via the F Line.

Rolling Stock

R46. They would be seen on the A Line (Sometimes they are seen on the C as well), the Lefferts Blvd Shuttle, & the Rockaway Shuttle.
    [​IMG]

R68. They would be seen on the A Line during Rush Hours, and in AI Services on the B and D Lines.
    [​IMG]

R68/A. They would be seen on the A Line during Rush Hours, and on the B Line as AI Services.
    [​IMG]

R160A-1. They would be seen on the M Line as AI Services. (This pic was taken while they were still in service on the C Line)
    [​IMG]

R160A-2. They would be seen on the E Line, and the F and R Lines as AI Services.
    [​IMG]

R160B. They would be seen on the E Line, and the F and R Lines as AI Services.
    [​IMG]

R179. They would be seen on the A and C Trains.
    [​IMG]
    This may seem like it is a lot of rolling stock, although most of them (R68/A, R160A-1, R160B) are just subclasses, and share minimal differences from their parent class.

The R68/A have weaker Brakes than the R68 (Made By Kawasaki instead of Westinghouse).

The R160A-1 is a 4 Car version of the R160A-2.

The R160B almost the same as the R160A-2, just with different door and traction motors (Made By Kawasaki instead of Alstom).

The NYC Subway is extremely popular and is a heavily requested route for TSW 2. It would be a great addition to the game, especially if a full trunk line is included. This is the 8 Ave Line, one of the many Trunk Lines in the system, and if any of them are created for the game, it would be greatly appreciated. Please consider adding this extremely popular and interesting system to the game.

As said earlier in this post, most of the information can be found in the video, such as more information on the rolling stock and some of the services along this route.

• Like Like x 28
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I like the idea if this route. Although the C Train and E Train are lines that run fully underground. The A train runs underground, at grade and elevated. I do believe if the NYC subway has had many suggestions in terms of a american route and if dtg have the MTA license then maybe we will see a a nyc subway line soon.

On a side note I rembember being on a r179 A train and the rear 3 cars of the train detached in the tunnel and the train went out of service. I was baffled when that had happened. Luckly I was in the 1st car. The r179s are not the most reliable sadly which is a shame since they are the newest train in the system

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, the R179's are some of the worst pieces of Traction we've had in the system. I really do hope DTG decides to make a route, you're right when you say there have been many NYC Subway suggestions, and honestly, it'd be a missed opportunity for them to not make a route for it, given its popularity.

• Like Like x 5
  4. tallboy7648

The R179s are nice looking trains but my goodness do they break like plastic easily. I do think it would be a missed opportunity if a nyc subway line was not made

• Like Like x 4
  5. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I do believe DTG has the licensing, correct me if I am wrong. Based on DTG licensing with us for the LIRR M7 and M3. A spokesperson had informed me of their licensing. So at this point it's most likely just about time and thinking is these route will be worth building in TSW. If DTG has to renew the license then this might delay any possible progress made.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. tallboy7648

I think the mta would be open to renew the license so it's just a case of when will dtg make another mta route whether it be another MTA Long Island Railroad Branch, The MTA Metro-North Railroad or the MTA New York City Subway

• Like Like x 4
  7. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, I'm confident in the MTA being open to renew the license, and providing information for DTG.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and speaking of the rolling stock build dates they're the following 8th ave line lines
    1974-1975 Pullman Standard R46
    1986-1988 Westinghouse Alstom R68 Rush Hours A train rarely coupled to a 1988-1990 Kawasaki Yonkers NY R68A this video by Max Diamond proves that it's possible to do so
    2005-2010 Alstom/Kawasaki R160A-1 R160A-2 R160B Alstom R160B Siemens 8843-9102 are Coney Island Yard Sets Note you must have BMT Broadway Line installed to take them over
    2016-2019 Bombardier R179
    links to my sources are https://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/New_Technology_Trains_-_B_Division & https://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/R-46_(Pullman-Standard,_1974-1975)
    For the B & D trains they use R68s and
    1988-1990 Kawasaki Yonkers NY R68As as AI services can be taken over if you own IND 6th ave DLC by walking to their cabs at 145th street W4th street Washington Square by walking a level down from 8th ave level or 59th street IRT West Side Line IND Platforms.
    Note that you're going to need IRT Broadway-7th ave DLC if you wanted to play R62 & R62A 1 trains Local from IND 8th & 6th ave Platforms 59th street Washington Heights 168th Street & 42nd Street Port Authority Bus Terminal. Furthermore, at World Trade Center A, C,& E Trains, you can take over R68, R68A R160A-2 R160B Siemens & Alstom W train R142 2 train R62 3 train if you own BMT Broadway & IRT 7th ave Broadway DLCs.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. DenkerOfficial

DenkerOfficial New Member

DGT be like: NYC, because its popular and the community likes it: naah, ew. some random freight line no one knows about: yeeessss

• Like Like x 6
  10. driverwoods#1787

Good point and if you want to take over the R68A & R68 AI Operated trains on 8th ave you're going to need IND 6th ave DLC for the B & D trains. If you do then The Screen will say do you wish to take over this Bedford Park BLVD Bound B train yes or no during Rush Hours Off peak 145th street. All times 24/7 D train. Screen for it is do you want to take over this Norwood 205th street Bound D train Yes or no? Also if you own 6th ave DLC R160B Alstom/R160A-2 F train you can be offered the option do you wish to take over this Jamaica 179th Street Bound F train via the E line Yes or No? If you have BMT Nassau Street DLC R160A-1 M train installed you can have the option of taking over Forrest Hills 71st ave or Middle Village bound M train via the E line Yes or No? Here's the video by Mr Railfan on M train via E line Want to take over R160A-2/R160B Alstom R train from the AI requires BMT Broadway DLC can only occur at either PABT WTC or Queens BLVD line E train Services.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Yes I would absolutely love to see the 8th Ave line be in TSW 2 as I grew up in the Rockaways in the mid 90's and the (A) line is my home route.

• Like Like x 4
  12. tallboy7648

I think passenger routes are more popular than freight routes but there are some players who enjoy freight only routes especially american freight routes. It's a pity though that the next two new american routes are freight only routes, one of which only has 1 service a week apparently. (Cane Creek)

• Like Like x 2
  13. ZeenozPlays

If that ain't facts...

• Like Like x 3
  14. ZeenozPlays

I'll be making a separate 6 Ave Line Suggestion in the next month or so. I like to let the NYC ones sit for a while before making another one to see how much traction it gets.

• Like Like x 3
  15. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

I do see where your coming from Louis but in the case for you and everyone worrying about how or what dtg will do to obtain a mta license,Don't worry respectively,its unnecessary stress.My advice to everyone reading this whether its about this suggestion or another suggestion is to vote for w.e you like,whether you want 1 train or 100 trains,it does help and may or maynot happen but at least you know done all of what you could.

[For people making route suggestion's]
    Everyone remember when making a post try to give maybe some good personal experience's with said locos,details on what you do or don't like about it...Most importantly why ,what makes it special to you and what most would interest a train enthusiast/rainfanner etc. to want to try or experience for themselves

• Like Like x 5
  16. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

This is a very interesting route, it must be added to the game! Licensing issues shouldn’t be a problem, as they have an MTA license for LIRR I doubt they’ll deny DTG the license for the subway. We definitely do need an American subway route in the game, and if DTG ever does one (or a third party) I bet it’ll sell like hot cakes:)

• Like Like x 5
  17. ZeenozPlays

I agree.

• Like Like x 4
  18. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

I can dig this.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. carl.headley92

carl.headley92 Well-Known Member

As an NYC resident myself I would love a Subway line in TSW or TS2021 come on DTG

• Like Like x 3
  20. driverwoods#1787

I agree and if you own 6th ave line DLC then you can take over the R68 & R68A B & D trains that operate IND 8th ave 59th street to 145th street for the concourse line. Stations like 42nd street Port Authority bus terminal & WTC offer A, C, E trains transfer to the IRT west sideline Express 2 & 3 trains. That assumes that Dovetail games make IRT 7th ave line. If you do own those DLCs then a popup screen will appear do you like to take over the 2 train service to Wakefield 241st street or Flatbush Ave Brooklyn College yes or no. From the A, C & E trains at either WTC or PABT if the passageway from 8th ave line to 7th ave line is rendered in-game.

• Like Like x 2
  21. lordragnarr

lordragnarr New Member

Would absolutely LOVE, if they were to ADD, the WHOLE NYC.Subway line to the End of LIRR...Grand Central Station and the infamous, 190th Street station, ...which is 173' feet 52.07 Meters).... below ground, and a 1000' Entrance Tunnel to access the Station Platforms. All the bridges and Tunnels across the Hudson and East River !!
    Nice Views along the way...

22. lordragnarr

lordragnarr New Member

Yesssss, this is an awesome idea !!!

• Like Like x 2
  23. lordragnarr

lordragnarr New Member

Any addition to the Long Island railroad system would be awesome in my eyes and in many others. Or any other New York City subway line that Dovetail Games decides to add. Many DLCs could be created and sold all based around all the different line's of subway systems that New York has to offer. The "A" line would be my personal favorite, if they were to add it, and be able to connect to LIRR, through Penn Station ....

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  24. lordragnarr

lordragnarr New Member

Yess !!! Please Matt could you have your preservation crew and yourself continue to work on the Long Island Railroad and (possibly bring us some more DLCs to go along with LIRR !! Including the whole DTG Staff, to bring us more new DLC content, to go along with,- the "preservation collection"- that you have established with LIRR.... Connecting with New York City subway system's, through Penn Station. Would be Great, to be able, to have access to the rest of New York, like uptown Manhattan, and the 191st Street station that is 173 ft below ground. This would be exciting and would kind of be challenging as how you would be able to capture the depth, of the onehundred and seventy three feet deep platform, that you would create and the elevators that carry you to the street level...

25. lordragnarr

lordragnarr New Member

Also anything else that you create New York City subway based would be an acceptable and very welcome DLC I would be first on the list to buy it

• Like Like x 2
  26. driverwoods#1787

Pretty much the realistic option on 8th Avenue line

27. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

I would like to update this post with a new front window view video I found on YouTube of a what it sounds to be R179 even though the picture references a r211 ? But it captures beautiful nighttime Skies of New York on the a line in 4K

Be prepared to be blown away by one of the longest and oldest operating New York City train routes with one of the newer up-to-date Rolling Stock in 2022. Front window view on a R179

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  28. subzero169

subzero169 Member

I live along the 8th av line and the C line is my favorite. Especially when the R32 were still on it. Had a lot of fun going to school and other destinations on it.

• Like Like x 1