Slider For Cab Sway?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 85Leaf, May 28, 2018.

1. 85Leaf

85Leaf Active Member

Would it be possible to add a slider to increase/decrease cab sway in the options? Currently there is only a very tiny amount of cab movement even over well travelled rail lines. I'd like to see more cab movement available as I imagine traction like the 09 and Class 47 aren't maglev :)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

Yup, this please. In general I'd say the simulation of suspension is not very good - so far it's just very tiny random movements and suspension on the bogies doesn't seem to work at all. This, and general sound quality unfortunately decreases the immersion quite heavily.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

pluss that some of the routes just feel dead, with no people or cars.

• Like Like x 3
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

A cab sway adjuster seems logical, but I remember some years ago when a similar idea came up in regard to TS. At that time, DTG (were they DTG then?) expressed concern that cab sway might disturb or even cause serious problems for some folks; the discussion, however, was not about a player adjustment: just a dramatic amount of sway. What sound or people and cars have to do with cab sway remains a mystery to me, but piling on is typical of forums, obviously.

5. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Well adding a slider would do nothing at the moment as there is no cab sway at all. The only sway is the entire locomotive’s suspension. ‍

EDIT: You guys realize that cab sway is a PLANNED FEATURE that DOESN'T EXIST YET right?

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  6. 85Leaf

85Leaf Active Member

As LastTrain mentioned the minimal cab motion may have been a design decision. If they could increase the amount of motion/sway to fit the track and traction type it may increase the immersion level. However, I also understand there are players that may not be able to tolerate more motion/sway hence the ability to have a slider in options that you could decrease or increase the amount of motion/sway. For example 0= maglev ride, 1=ICE ride, 2-8 average ride, 9= bumpy ride over unwelded joins 10= NEC ride (j/k). Maybe also a button to turn motion on/off in conjunction with a slider?

7. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

Do we know if it's "planned" in the sense of "we are definitely going to add it" or "planned" in the sense of "maybe someday somehow we will concider adding it"?

In any case, having cab sway would definitely make it feel much better. DRS does that and it feels very good, aside from maybe having a bit too much sway over switches.