PlayStation Ghost Ai?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Stephen Crofts, May 26, 2021.

1. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Recently, since the previous update (not 25th May one but the issue still exists), I'm getting AI trains occasionally popping into existence just as they pass my train.
    Anyone else getting this?

The AI appear on the map as normal, and most AI appear in the distance normally. Sometimes they appear right at the last minute. Over a week's gameplay I'd say it's happened to me about 5 times now.
    Never used to happen.

I'm on base ps4.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bartosstrzelecki

bartosstrzelecki New Member

I've seen this issue on Xbox One.

3. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I experience this quite often, especially when travelling at higher speeds. Its very annoying...

4. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I've had just the opposite, an AI train was using the wrong track and almost crashed into the train that was driving there rightfully, but somehow the AI train vanished into thin air just before the crash ...
    I understand that there have to be portals where AI trains can spawn or leave the route, but this has to be at the edge of the represented area, not somewhere in between two stations.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  5. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I've had this happen regularly for a long time now, not only since the last update. I think it's always been this way, actually.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Is it happening on just particular routes for you? I was using the revamped RT quite a lot and then SKA where it was happening. Since then I've been using other routes more and not noticing the issue reccurring as yet.

7. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Something similar happened to me at LIRR. Except for the difference that the other train didn't disappear.

8. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I think this is a performance issue. This happened to me regularly on SKA and RRO on PS4. Since I got my PS5, it didn't happen once. Maybe this'll get better when more optimization work is done?

9. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I experience this very often on SKA and HRR