Workshop Scenarios (buy Add-ons)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nick Y, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

So, I've recently downloaded a few scenarios through the Workshop but now I'm having issues with some of them.
    The issue is that, despite having the required DLCs, the game won't let me run them and is telling me to buy said DLCs.

Here's an example.
    I downloaded this scenario (Cross Country's first service on ECML [V1.1]) and have all the required items
    Class 170 'Turbostar' DMU
    ECML: London - Peterborough
    Grand Central Class 180 'Adelante'

So, my main question is, has there been multiple releases of the same DLC content such as Settle - Carlisle, ECML London - Peterborough and GEML?

2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Also, is there any real easy way to find and install workshop scenarios/routes that will tell you what you already have and filter the bits you don't have out?

3. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

You might need the 220/221, 150 and 66. I know it implies that will be a future update but it might be that they are needed and the scenario creator hasn't been clear about it.

4. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

I'd also confirm which ECML it requires as it just says ECML. There are at least three versions of it on Steam.

5. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

when I click buy add-ons it goes to the store page and shows me class 170, ECML: Lon-Pet and GC class 180 but it won't let me view the cart, no images are shown and the titles are not clickable to view on Steam.

6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Update, when I click checkout and it goes to Steam, it states I already own the items (Class 170, Class 180 and ECML)

7. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

Try running the scenario from the 'standard' list rather than 'workshop' list.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why do people look at the Workshop in the game as the interface is rubbish

Just clicking on the link I can see a Cross Country 170 in Kings Cross
    And the requirements show London to Peterborough - so I know which ECML I need
    The rest of the info is there too

9. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I don't search for scenarios through the game interface/menu. I go through Steam itself.
    It was the game interface that was causing issues by saying I didn't have the required DLC, yet the steam page said I did.
    Anyway, I got that particular scenario working by doing it the way Andy suggested.

There should be an easier way to find and filter workshop routes/scenarios relating to DLCs you already have.

There's a few scenarios I added for the Welsh Marches line so I could use my AP class 175. Now they won't run or work because on top of the route requirement, it's telling me I need a ton of extras including routes that are now no longer available which was not mentioned on the steam workshop page (not the in-game one).

This whole workshop thing is complicated.

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Shame there is not a way to find out which extras are required before downloading a scenario

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1972321741

If you are not told by the Author what you require the don't bother downloading the scenarios
    Or ask the Author what is required

It is no different to downloading a scenario from elsewhere - a good author provides a list of requirements

11. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Perhaps this could be useful? A really useful tool on the steam community pages -
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2364751070

Also here - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2361991441

Although there are a lot of workshop scenarios where someone has just uploaded "Drive this train to here" and that's it, no information other than that. (there are a few that use reskins but nothing mentioned about that from the author, and some of those have the wrong screenshot too - so some scenarios on workshop the author doesn't really help themselves! )

• Like Like x 1
  12. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

This is why I am very explicit in requirements on anything I publish. Nothing more frustrating than scenarios that don't tell you - there are plenty where the thumbnail/picture doesn't even match the scenario.

The automatic stuff on the right hand side of the Steam screen are incredibly unreliable.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The only reliable thing about that is the requirement for the North London & Goblin Lines DLC which is reliably hardly ever a requirement for the Workshop Scenario :D:D