The Best Youtubers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kenobi#1878, Jun 5, 2021.

1. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

Who do you think is the best YouTuber? I think it is either Moleman978 or maybe Geoff marshal.
    Colonel failure Is always a fun watch aswell :)
    Because I’m a (not very) posh individual from near Oxford I decided to not chose myself lol.
    What’s your favourite kind of video?
    The whole point of this thread is because I want to know what sort of videos people on these forums watch and maybe see if I enjoy and of the people others watch if that makes any sense what so ever lol :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Trainspotter69 he does fantastic train videos

3. kenobi#1878

I can’t tell if thats a joke or not ;]

• Like Like x 1
  4. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

No it’s not a joke that’s his YouTube name

5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

PTGRail can come across as a bit pedantic but if you want an introduction to driving on a route or a particular topic you can do a lot worse.

6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Definitely me ;)

Just joking , my channel is nothing compared to some channels . I think colonel failure makes the best content , funny and entertaining . PTG rail is also excellent . I am subscribed to both these channels

7. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Colonel Failure. When I want a laugh he never fails to provide it. Geoff Marshall, Jago Hazzard and Ruairidh MacVeigh for Real Life Trains and Historical Stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

For train/transportation related topics, has to be PTGRail and Ruairidh MacVeigh.

9. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

Always been a massive fan of the Moleman, was so happy when he returned to YT. I frequently watch Geoff Marshall and Colonel Failure, and have always enjoyed Matt Peddlesden’s twitch streams and subsequent YouTube uploads.

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

These are the channels I watch. For short, interesting and amusing videos on London’s trains, Jago Hazzard is wonderful. For non-train channels I like Technology Connections the most. Very entertaining and nerdy. Professor Dave Explains is another good educational one. He knows a lot about all kinds of things. I do watch an awful lot of factual videos from a wide range of channels and nothing much that’s purely personality led. There are no ‘Ohhh My Gawwwwd” types in anything I watch, or bunches of ‘mates’ dropping anything they can find from a very tall tower and then going mental when it smashes to bits at the bottom, like they didn’t expect it. I can’t stand that type of channel, but they have the biggest numbers of viewers.

11. kenobi#1878

I’m subbed to them aswell. I think I’ve come across your channel before and maybe even watched a video

12. kenobi#1878

Some of these channels you all have said are very good, if you want a laugh I recommend Jay Foreman. He does kinda stupid but also funny educational videos about a variety of topics :]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Thanks ! By chance do you remember what video it was ?

14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with trains, but i absolutely love RT Game, his channel has a huge variety of content and the Videos are funny to watch, as he often takes Videogames less seriously but still serious enough. I really enjoyed watching his subnautica and cyperpunk playtrough.
    The Spiffing Brit is also very enjoyable, especially with a cup of Yorkshire tea ;)

And like the others have mentioned Jay Foreman (with his own channel and Map men), is also great, and then Geoff Marshall, Dylans travel reports and the others for the train related stuff.
    For TSW2 i quite like megasim, Colonel failure of course and the German YouTubers who are playing my scenarios:)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

For real life it's Geoff Marshall & Jago Hazard for me
    For TSW (Serious) it's PTG Rail
    And in general no, I'm not just scared of Sam's wrath, what is wrong with you. It's obviously just because of the talk show...
    It's Samonel Failure- Colonel SPAD - Colonel Failure? Is that right? Just gotta make sure :P
    Yeah it's Colonel Failure for TSW.
    Others have to be RTgame, Pyrocynical (just for the references) Jay Foreman, TheRussianBadger

• Like Like x 3
  17. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

None are related to trains or TSW, but those I regularly watch include MrSealyP, Techmoan, GametechUK, and Tom Scott.

• Like Like x 3
  18. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I'm very mixed :) Channels I watch include Techmoan, LGR, Big Clive, Geoff Marshall, Well There's Your Problem, Akidearest, TokiDoki Traveller, Tokyo Explorer, Cathy Cat, Ashens, Technology Connections and many more

I don't really do TS or Train stuff unless I'm after something specific

19. kenobi#1878

I’m afraid not, I’ll see if I can find it in my watch history lol

20. kenobi#1878

As in RTgame who made west virgina in cities skylines and who make a stupidly long train in TpF2 :]

• Like Like x 3
  21. ethan#3478

ethan#3478 Member

For ts alan Thomson and ptg rail

22. B3N

B3N Active Member

I'm a lover of the colonel, always a great watch. Even splashed out on a channel membership on him :D

23. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’ve been watching loads of Youtube over the last year.

All The Stations and Geoff Marshall are very good. For cab rides in the north of England, you can’t beat Don Coffey. Younger people who like a laugh might like Gloves Trains and her Northwest by Train series (although she can be a bit annoying with her “Wear your knickers on your head” song every episode).

Also Hidden London Hangouts is well worth a watch. The team (most of whom work for LT Museum) visit and talk about hidden areas of tube stations, abamdoned stations and other transport related things. It is a weekly stream available on the London Transport Museum page.

There are some good live webcams on Youtube as well including a couple at Dawlish, Seaton Tramway and Ryde, IOW overlooking Ryde Esplanade station and the hovercraft.

On a non railway related matter, the Barnsley band Bar Steward Sons of Val Doonican are one of my favourites. They do spoof versions of well known songs and are very funny. The singer Scott Doonican has been doing a weekly “Big Neet In” stream since the first lockdown and, although there is much repetition of songs, I have been enjoying these.

24. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Don Coffey, German Express Driver, RailwayEmotions do very interesting cab rides on YouTube.

25. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Anyone know what happened to Freight Ramber?

26. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Train and trainsim related my favourites are PTG Rail, Colonel Failure, Trainsim Cabrides (or something similar I cannot recall), Geoff Marshall and Don Coffey.

For non train related videos I enjoy watching walks around cities, towns and villages: 4K explorer and buildings of England are two of my current favourites.

27. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

I was quietly watching Colonel Failure a few nights ago, kids & wife in bed, headphones on watching the TV when I could not contain my laughter! If you only watch one CF video make it this one .....

• Like Like x 3
  28. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

For my regular dose of stupid I'd go for Sci Man Dan or The Creaky Blinder.
    The History Guy, Mark Felton or Timo Struckmann for War documentaries.
    Gaming wise I'd say Neebs Gaming or The Running Manz.
    Other Channels worth a mention are Foxes Afloat and Martin Zero.

29. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Well it depends if I want something educational I watch AmtrakGuy365 if I want to see a model train fly I watch a small YouTuber called Smt Mainline