Playstation Double Discount Sale Is On

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Jun 9, 2021.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Just in case you had not seen that the Playstation Double Discount Sale has started and includes quite a number of DLC's for TSW and TSW2. Check your local PS Store

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I‘m .. about DTG and Microsoft.
    We get never any DLC sales.

Edited by DTG Natster

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Oh diesel legends only £9.59 with PS plus, half tempted now.

Thought everything had been on sale for a while now, guess not. Cheers for the “double” heads up :D

• Like Like x 4
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s not up to DTG to offer sales on Xbox. It’s Microsoft being tight fisted.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. TinTin_57

Yes 'Double Discount' is def a PS arranged event so I am assuming this is what DTG means when they say they wait for slots. The slots will be an event such as this one. Assuming there aren't as many of those events for MS but I don't know for sure

• Like Like x 4
  6. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Oh I have been waiting for that to go on sale!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

£12.29 regular sale
    £9.59 PS plus

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

DB628 I have edited your comment to remove inappropriate language, please update yourself with the forum rules before posting again.

You are allowed to express your frustrations, but please remember these forums are here for users of all ages.

• Like Like x 5
  9. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Damn… WSR and the BR182 are both heavily discounted. Would never buy them at normal price, but getting both of them for the price of a regular loco sounds pretty good, not gonna lie. They’re on sale for a few weeks though, and I want to focus on Cathcart Circle first. So excited for that route!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

In general these sales are not very interesting if you don't have PS+, and this also has a price tag ...
    Anyway, there is no DLC on offer that I don't own and would like to buy.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG Natster
    Can you not sell the DLC codes for Xbox on your website to get finally a Sale?

• Like Like x 3
  12. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’ve been waiting for a sale for Diesel Legends but I’m not sure if £12.29 regular sale price for It is cheap enough? I’m tempted though as I am by the Class 20 Chopper for £8.61.

Hum dunno I might just go for them. :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. ZR Leigh

ZR Leigh Member

I went for the diesel legends pack at £9.59. I haven’t looked to see what else is on offer yet.

• Like Like x 5
  14. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I got TVL with Class 31, Class 20 as well as NTP with the BR Heavy Freight Pack.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

hey big spender, excellent choices, enjoy :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  16. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Can someone please list all routes and loco dlc for sale with prices, please? I'm unable to view them for some reason..

17. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

18. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I saw this and was (to be honest) quite tempted.... but buying this DLC at about £10 in a sale could encourage DTG to make more £15 paid-for timetable DLC for the British.routes (when such features are free on German routes).... I do want a handful of timetable services for my Class 52 on GWE, and it should of course be free to Class 52 owners.... but I am going to hold out until it falls below £5.... (even though it is probably only worth about £1.50 to me, and should, of course, be completely free).

I am also tempted by the 10% discount for PS Plus owners on Cathcart, but after watching the GFYS review from Australia, the night running looked dismal. So I am going to wait for the lighting to be fixed before I dip into my pockets. I might just wait for Rush Hour to come out before I buy anything else.

• Like Like x 2
  19. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’m doing exactly this.

20. TinTin_57

Did he run one properly for once with safety systems on? ;-)
    DTG are running another stream on it tonight so maybe also worth watching that too.

• Like Like x 2
  21. synthetic.angel

From memory, I don't remember hearing AWS....

.... however the stream was from a PS5, and the Cathcart route does look quite stunning on PS5 (emulating the PS4, as a PS4 game) during the day only, especially compared to the second stream with Matt, Nat and the Cat.

The night-time scenario looked utterly dismal.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Why when they are doing a run do they not talk about the EMU or what is going on in the route or even about TSW. Nope all I got was wittering about wanting a burger and how well their teams were doing! Really, that is one of the biggest reason I do not watch any streams. Nearly as bad as the Tennis commentary, Love the sound of their own voices. Hey guys keep on topic and subject of what you are showing off :mad::mad:

• Like Like x 2
  23. TinTin_57

I haven't watched this particular one but was it "We (theres only one of him) are the first to get the route,subscribe, like (x25 times)....."
    Sorry I am going off topic and don't mean to be mean

24. sithmetal#3282

sithmetal#3282 New Member

i believe xbox is having a sale starting tomorrow, hopefully there will be discounts then?
    I must admit i bought the game in sale a few weeks back and the dlc prices are extreme, perhaps they should release bundles at a discount or season pass?

• Like Like x 1
  25. shhweeet#4292

Surely it’s worth what someone wants to pay for it though isn’t it? I’ve ended up buying it mainly because the British Rail era is my favourite. It contains more timetables on a different route for my favourite train the Class 101 DMU, and gives the Class 52 a proper run away from WSR and I can’t be bothered with scenario planner tbh because it’s a pain to set up. £14.99 was seriously expensive and even £12 is pricey but hey it’s not far off the price of a magazine these days. Should it be free? Hum maybe but then again DTG are in business to make money.

• Like Like x 2
  26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The Rapid Transit Timetable was for free with over 300 Fahrten pro Day.

• Like Like x 1
  27. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Thanks. I like diversity on the routes, so I am quite open to purchase loco DLCs which will "sub in" or even add new services.

28. synthetic.angel

Oddly enough, I actually agree with almost everything you said (I can barely look at the price on the front of magazines these days without crying). But it's a question of where do you draw the line, and I felt quite hard done by with the Class 52 and the Class 33 being stranded on WSR in terms of services on other routes.

But, you know what - if DTG decide to sell a timetable for any of the German routes for €20, then I think that there would be a considerable back-lash. But DTG won't do that, not with SimRail around the corner, ready to swallow up the German market.

And where do you draw the line? Maybe bug-fixes and patches should be issued as paid-for DLCs....? And if you want them, so that you can use your current DLCs, then they are surely worth some price... the price that you are prepared to pay for them. Some people were offering $20 each to have a trophy fixed in TVL for TSW 2020.... and they were quite serious. This is what they effectively do with TS2012 when they launch a loco without decent audio, and then someone immediately issues a patch to make the audio good, but you need to buy more DLCs to get it working.

All that said.... as I said.... I was tempted at £9.59 (and for me, that's a horrible thing to admit, because it vindicates the decision to start selling timetables, which take a "non-zero" amount of work to do)..... ;-)

Next we'll get loot boxes requiring virtual RailCoin (RC1000 for only £9.99.....!) instead of collectable flowers.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Sadly this game is not available on Playstation, nor are there any other simulations with the same focus ... I'd have long forgotten about TSW ...

30. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

Just got Western Legends, looks good.

• Like Like x 3
  31. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

Exactly... I look at it as being less than the cost of a takeaway, it lasts much longer and you don't run the risk of a dodgy belly the next day either! :D I don't drink, I don't smoke, so a few quid on something I enjoy doing which gives hours of entertainment is well worth it - bods at work will think nothing of going out on a Friday evening and spending a hundred quid or so over 4-5 hours, that seems crazy to me.

• Like Like x 5
  32. shhweeet#4292

Don’t give them ideas!:D

• Like Like x 1