Twitch Pub Quiz Prizes.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by davebadger#4587, Jun 10, 2021.

1. davebadger#4587

davebadger#4587 Member

Just a suggestion. Would there ever be any plans for prizes on the twitch pub quiz?

2. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

Its supposed to be a bit of fun. Having prizes would change the dynamic for the worse in my opinion for the following (not an exhaustive list) reasons.

• Speed of internet response is key so people on UK based highspeed connections would potentially gain an edge when answering since the countdown is quick.
    • The choice of questions already came in for some criticism i.e. the Scotland themed round for non-Scot (or UK) viewers.
    • Internet failure locally would take out people who might be leading giving rise to complaints about things outside DTG's control.
    My $0.02 worth there. Feel free to disagree but I think the quiz was fun (only took part in the last one).

• Like Like x 4
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

My opinion is that prizes are not needed. It’s just a bit of fun and bragging rights until the next one.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I agree prizes are not need for a internet quiz, just your knowledge alone should be your prize.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Yeah it's just a bit of fun - things can very quickly turn nasty if there are prizes. Especially if there is a question that has "Room for Interpretation" like the How many Legs does a Crab have - does that include claws?

Have it as a fun way to spend an hour - and at least you don't have to do a forfeit challenge if you win like an IRL pub quiz I used to go to.

• Like Like x 2
  6. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I would say personally the fun, a little laugh and a nice way to spend an hour or so is reward enough.

• Like Like x 1