Incentivised To Exceed Speed Restrictions On The Cathcart Circle

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by forteanjo, Jun 10, 2021.

1. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Are we being incentivised to exceed the speed restrictions on the Cathcart Circle?

The trophy CL314: To the Max requires reaching a speed of 70 mph and the mastery challenge Fast Track Ticket requires reaching a speed of 80 mph. Where on the route can these speeds actually be reached without breaking the speed limits?

• Like Like x 1
  2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Speed limits? What are speed limits?

I will probably do this just to get the achievement and then not finish the service. Starting at Nielston looks like a good choice as there is a bigger gap between stations and Matt got the train up to 55mph anyway on tonight’s stream.

3. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

When it comes to speed... try LGV.

I understand that you want to play realistically. Maybe you can try the 125 mph section on GWE between Paddington and Hayes & Harlington.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  4. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Not sure if you’re replying to me or the OP but I do like to play fairly realistically and like speed as well as this sort of commuter route.

However, I am willing to put that aside for 5 minutes to obtain the trophy/achievement that requires you to drive the 314 at 70mph (and for fun of course). As soon as it pops, I will quit out of the service so it doesn’t count for any stats.

5. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

The point of this is that they have to hit 80mph using the Class 314, on Cathcart Circle. It's not about playing realistically or just getting speed. There's a specific objective that wants to be achieved.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HaibaraHariko

Oh I'm replying to OP. This is what I do for the achievements and after that, I will start a new service and follow the speed limits with safety systems as usual.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HaibaraHariko

My apologies if the Mastery Challenges is saying that. I'll try to get to Tier 2 and check it out. I agree that 80 mph in Class 314 and on CCL is not appropriate, but the achievement (70 mph on any route) is not that bad in my opinion.

EDIT: Just got to Tier 2 and yes, it's really weird. Maybe that's just for fun but I understand why people don't like it.