Nordeutsche-bahn: Kiel-lübeck Freight Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeff.engle, Jun 9, 2021.

1. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Just under 2 weeks into Train Simulator, so this may be obvious to those with more experience. I got the Kiel-Lübeck DLC and am enjoying it. I only see Career and Workshop items with freight in the yards, not on the actual line between Kiel and Lübeck. So... I decided to jump in and create a scenario for a fish run from Kiel - Lübeck - Hamburg. First scenario to be the Kiel - Lübeck DLC. Got a great tutorial on creating scenarios by Rudolf Heijink (Thank you!). But could not for the life of me get any freight to run on the mainline unless it was classified as passenger. So, to make sure I was following Rudolf's instructions correctly I used the Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway he uses as an example and it worked perfectly; so I think I have the scenario building ok. First tried Kiel yard to Lübeck yard, then Hbf to Hbf - neither worked for freight (diesel since the line is not electrified). Sorry for the long-winded description.

The question(s) boil down to:

• Is there something about the Kiel - Lübeck DLC that prevents freight from running on the main line?
    • If so, is there a way to modify the route so that it can run freight?
    Or, am I doing something obviously wrong (I am slightly dyslexic ;)) and it really SHOULD work. I was using the Standard & Diesel scenario setup in both cases for the Kiel - Lübeck and Somerset & Dorset test with hopes I would be able to have some AI traffic sometime. I am NOT trying to modify a scenario - starting from scratch for the route specified.

Thanks in advance.

Have not touched a train simulator since MSFS Train Simulator (which I didn't get into that much - too busy with kids and dogs) and I think Train Sim World 2 will be coming to my PC soon :cool:.

2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I mean if you want to do just a run and see what everything looks like, I'd recommend a free roam, as it allows you to well, roam freely.

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There is something wrong with the route.
    I tried creating a Freight Consist from a thru road at Lubeck Hbf to siding 18 at Kiel and it does not work
    So,like you, I changed the train from Standard Freight to Stopping Passenger and it works.

It is something than needs reporting to DTG but for the moment a work around is to run the train as a Passenger in the game.

Peter

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have just sent a ticket to DTG and we will wait and see if anything happens

Prepare to be disappointed

5. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Thanks Peter. I’ll do the work around and make it passenger mode. Since that was my first scenario I thought I might be doing something wrong, or there was a setting I was missing. I wanted more control than free roam.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Looking thru the track.bin file I found a couple of track sections are set as Passenger instead of Mainline
    As such you cannot run a train designated as a Freight service.
    I modified them using TS Tools but the Signalling is still rubbish

7. MRFS

MRFS Staff Member

Where are the "passenger" sections; and what is rubbish about the signalling; please?

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Somewhere on the line - I cannot be specific as I used TSTools to change them

The Signalling is Rubbish as you keep getting Red Signals and you then have to TAB past them
    I did a QD from Kiel to Lubeck. - Departed Kiel on a Green Signal and derailed 200 yards out as the points were not set correctly

9. MRFS

MRFS Staff Member

OK - so how about a little more signalling detail, please?

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

How do you mean?
    I went out of Lubeck on green signals then got a Yellow approaching then a Red at the junction where the line to Langenreem branches off to the right. A TAB and I have permission to Pass the Signal at Danger.

Next signal is a distant at Yellow and I stop just past Bad Schwartau at a Red before the crossing.
    Again I have to TAB to get permission to pass at Danger.