PlayStation Rapid Transit Update - Timetable Not Finished Due To 3 Trains Ahead!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by grdaniel48, Jun 7, 2021.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I run one of the timetables with the DB BR 182, as I mentioned on my previous thread about the instrument panel illumination issue.

Despite of that the run was really great... until i were almost finishing.
    I run from Dessau to Leipzip, but after passing the 3 underground stations, and arrive at the first one outside, I got a red light. I wait some time but nothing changed.
    I noticed on the distance a train ahead.
    So I step out of the locomotive and walk forward in order to check the situation.
    I found a Talent stopped there.
    But my surprise was great when I also see 2 other trains in front of it!
    There were a train with Dostos, and another Talent too!
    The situation was really strange, when I noticed the other Talent, it has no red light or something causing being stopped.
    Furthermore it is strange there be 3 trains in front of the one we are driving!
    One. would be ok in order to get some yellow and red lights in order to some entertaining driving, and not just to stop on every station and continue.

So sadly I could not finish this time

Hope you can fix this.

Please find attached some pictures about it

TSW2 - RAPID TRANSIT - ERROR RED LIGHT 3 TRAINS AHEAD.jpg
    TSW2 - RAPID TRANSIT - ERROR RED LIGHT 3 TRAINS AHEAD 2.jpg
    TSW2 - RAPID TRANSIT - ERROR RED LIGHT 3 TRAINS AHEAD 3.jpg TSW2 - RAPID TRANSIT - ERROR RED LIGHT 3 TRAINS AHEAD 4.jpg

2. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

I wonder if you have loaded a saved game or not? Sometimes loading a save can cause permanent red lights, stop AI trains from moving.

If not, maybe you should provide the number of this service so we can have a try.

3. grdaniel48

HaibaraHariko
    Thanks for your comment.
    That is a good point
    I believe I saved the game once,as I made this run on 2 different days.

But despite of that, it is strange this timetable run, it have 3 trains in front of mine!
    It does have not sense as one ,just one will be enough in order to have more fun, causing yellow and red lights.
    As also I never see the other 2, causing less memory performance to the game.
    Furthermore this happened just one the run was almost finished.

4. grdaniel48

What it is really a great issue it is about save and play on Scenario Planer!
    There each time you get the saved game, time it goes back to the initial time of the Scenario!
    For instance if the scenario starts at 10:00 AM, each time you saved later, will start again on 10:00 AM!
    Which modifies the moment the AI trains must run! As my train is already far away

I have reported this error several months ago, but still was not solved
    Hope DTG could fix this soon!

5. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

This is not strange at all. There are quite a lot of services near Leipzig (S1, S2 and S6) in the new timetable. Therefore AI trains are following this specific timetable instead of appearing from nowhere "for fun". When there should 3 trains in front of you, there are always 3 trains down the line. You can check the map to see them.

However, all these AI trains are not supposed to get stuck in front of you. As far as I know this issue is caused by loading a save. Maybe you should try not to save next time.

6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

From the pictures, seeing the trains are nose to nose, this looks like one of the trains went done the line the wrong way, i.e. the first two trains are not queuing up but rather barely avoided a head-on collision. I saw this on HMA before, I could imagine save-games can screw with this in a way that trains get sent down the wrong line.
    Actually, saying this, I had it once on ECW, that the moment I spawn the train in Eastbourne was far enough into the platform so it opened the doors, but it hadn't cleared the switches into the station yet. When it turned around and left Eastborune, it couldn't switch to the correct side, so it went down the wrong line all the way to the next station where it could switch back to the correct side. Might be similar here, just with the unfortunate situation that the track was not clear and the trains ended up head to head.

7. grdaniel48

Cramnor
    Thanks for your comment about the situation I "suffered".
    According to the comments it seems "save a game" it is not working well for timetables either!.So there is something DTG must fix.
    Not always you have all the time for a full run, on longer routes as Rapid Transit with lot of stops.
    At least for me as I am a 9 hours + 5 day by week worker.
    Furthermore I have a 13 years old son, which also wants to use the PS4.
    So in my case, I need to save the game several times, and then continue later or on another day.