PlayStation Orphaned ( T S W ) D L Cs Not Listed Properly On Playstation Store

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by synthetic.angel, May 16, 2021.

1. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Okay, I am going to give this one last shot, in a genuine attempt to help DTG sell more DLCs for Playstation, including some of the new DLCs that are a bit broken.... After this, I shall forever hold my peace on the matter.

TSW DLCs are currently not being marketed properly on Playstation Store - some of them are "orphaned" from the relevant "Gamepage", including the following DLCs:

- Hamburg-Lubeck is not listed under TSW 2
    - DB BR 101 is not listed under TSW 2
    - LIRR M3 is not listed (and never was listed) under TSW 2020
    - MP36PH "Baby Bullet" is not listed (and never was listed) under TSW 2020

None of the above DLCs can be seen in a group with all of the other DLCs for TSW 2 (Or TSW 2020 for the LIRR M3 and the Baby Bullet). Unless a Playstation player specifically knows that they will have to carry out a wordsearch for the above DLCs, they will never know that these DLCs exist until they appear in a sale, and then only under under a Deals filter. The return link from the individual DLCs listed above to the relevant Gamepage is also not present. I have not checked every DLC, but I think the problem is limited to only the above four products (so far.....).

In addition to the above problem, a couple of weeks ago Playstation players (using the PS4 XMB) lost the ability to see any unowned DLCs in the XMB/Train SIm World 2/Playstation Store/Add-Ons preview section. The preview section normally splits into two elements, "Your Add-Ons" and "Add-Ons", the latter being a list of DLCs that are not owned on the account. If a player owns all of the DLCs, then the player will only see the "Your Add-Ons" part. If a player doesn't own all DLCs, then the "Add-Ons" list (of unowned DLCs) should appear. At the moment, Playstation players can only see the "Your Add-Ons" section for TSW 2 (it is fine for all other titles), giving the impression that the player owns all existing DLCs fot TSW 2, even if they don't.

This latter issue compounds the orphaned DLC issue above, because why would you do a wordsearch for DLCs that you do not know exist and that you do not know that you do not own....?

These two problems will, without doubt, significantly reduce sales of the impacted DLCs. Not everyone reads the Forums. Not everyone in the TSW 2 market speaks English. Not everyone buys DLCs when they first come out or remembers that they exist some time later. Sony has provided a shop window, and DTG has decided to not use it for four of its DLCs, and has allowed the XMB preview to become broken.

I am not sure if this thread will be seen by anyone in DTG, because I have used the "Playstation" prefix for this thread, which I understand is the "No Need To Look At" prefix... so I have decided to tag DTG JD in the hope that someone will read this thread, and take actions to fix the marketing. I apologise in advance, if this isn't of any interest.... ;-O

• Like Like x 6
  2. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

It's in the best interest of all Playstation users who currently or in the future are playing TSW, and I'd really appreciate it if this could be fixed!
    I'd think it's even in the best interest of DTG, but I may be wrong in that case.

3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thanks, synthetic.angel. I've passed this onto our Retail team, who will take a look.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. synthetic.angel

The message has got through. The two TSW 2 DLCs are now listed on the TSW 2 gamepage.

The two TSW 2020 titles are still orphaned though. And the XMB preview doesn't work (for any unowned TSW 2 DLC). But something has changed - and someone has looked at the issue and made a call on it.

Hopefully someone will have reviewed the Playstation Store listing process, and baked in a change to prevent any new orphans being created in the future.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Cricri-7640

Cricri-7640 Member

6. synthetic.angel

Following my last post, the two remaining issues have now been resolved (for the UK store):

- the XMB preview for TSW 2 DLCs is now working correctly (thanks!); and,
    - the Baby Bullet and LIRR M3 are now listed under TSW 2020's gamepage.

I hope that the sales work out well. ;-)

NB: I don't know about the French Playstation store - looks like there is a problem, given the post by Cricri-7640 (unless this has also just been fixed, alongside the UK store).

7. Slemcer

I can confirm that all the issues noted above have been resolved for the German store.

8. Cricri-7640

Cricri-7640 Member

Fixed the next day of my post in.... belgium

• Like Like x 1
  9. synthetic.angel

Sorry about that - I was actually thinking, as I wrote "French" that you could be from Reunion, Algeria, etc....... or indeed, Belgium.... ;-)

10. Cricri-7640

Cricri-7640 Member

[QUOTE =
    Lol no big deal

11. Cricri-7640

Cricri-7640 Member

Again broken This day

12. Slemcer

Indeed, also in the German store the DLCs for TSW 2 are again not visable in the preview section. TSW 2020 is not affected.

13. Slemcer

Bump!

There has been an update today, but this issue didn't get fixed.
    Maybe I was right all the time and providing Playstation users with info about available DLCs via the PSN store is NOT in the best interest of DTG ....
    Any official comments, excuses or appeasements? I don't think they care.

14. synthetic.angel

For me personally, this issue is a mild inconvenience, especially since I have almost all of the DLC....

For DTG - it represents lost sales, where those sales could be recovered for minimal effort. Almost zero effort required to generate more cash flow. I had flagged the issue several times before, with no response and/or evidence of action taking place. This issue was flagged almost solely for the benefit of DTG.

This time they obviously did something with the listings - so they are now aware. Whether they have a process that enables them to "remember" (and keep the listings maintained) is another thing entirely. But I won't personally be chasing this issue again - if DTG do not want to market their product on all available channels (which they are actually paying for....!), then, quite simply, it might not be possible to persuade them. On the plus side (maybe), it is an indication that the company isn't primarily concerned with making money......

Aside: There is still a dubious listing of TSW on Microsoft Store calling the game "Train Simulator World".... ;-O

15. Cricri-7640

Cricri-7640 Member

As the problem of limitation of Speed along the track is in mph while the option is in automatic or metric system (4 month for this bug)
    I'm sick of waiting

16. Cricri-7640

Cricri-7640 Member

Fixed yesterday and broken again this day:mad::mad::mad:
    It becomes very annoying

17. Slemcer

With every new DLC, it's the same old problem again ... do they ever learn how to do it right from the beginning? I don't think so.