Cathcart Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mr heff, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Halfway between Burnside and Croftfoot today, my train decided to go into emergency and use 4.something BAR of brake pressure. This happened after i ran over the ramp protecting a stop aspect that had turned to cautionary. Eventually the brakes were released and i was able to continue the journey as normal. Does anyone know if this is a bug or a feature?
    Thanks

2. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Maybe the TPWS grid still thought the signal was red by the time you got to it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

You were just about to run past a signal at danger (because you were approaching it too quickly?) when it changed to a single yellow. As you passed the single yellow, the emergency brakes applied. Have I understood this correctly? If so, how far from the signal were you when it changed to a single yellow and what speed were you doing?

What indications did you get in the cab? Was the red brake demand light on the TPWS flashing?

Were the TPWS grids that tripped you next to the signal or a few hundreds on the approach to it?

4. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

That's the thing, there was no TPWS loop and i was approaching at about 15mph from 200yds. Here is what happened when i drove it again today.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021