Argyle Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by opgames, Jun 12, 2021.

1. opgames

opgames Active Member

Considering the Cathcart Circle has been released how about another Scottish route. I pressent to you, the Argyle Line.

The Argyle Line goes from Motherwell to Dalmuir with a branch off to Cumbernauld, two branches to Rutherglen, a branch to Milngave and two branches to Dalmuir.
    Stations via Kirkwood: Motherwell, Whifflet, Kirkwod, Bargeddie, Baillieston, Mount Vernon, Carmyle, Rutherglen.

Stations via Hamilton: Motherwell, Airbles, Hamilton Central, Hamilton West, Blantyre, Newton, Cambuslang, Rutherglen.

Stations Rutherglen - Hyndland: Rutherglen, Dalmarnock, Bridgeton, Argyle Street, Glasgow Central, Anderston, Exhibition Centre, Partick, Hyndland.

Stations via Anniesland: Anniesland, Westerton, Drumchappel, Drumry, Singer, Dalmuir.

Stations via Yoker: Jordanhill, Scotstounhill, Garscadden, Yoker, Clydebank, Dalmuir.

Stations to Cumbernauld: Coatbridge Central, Greenfaulds, Cumbernauld.

Stations to Milngavie: Westerton, Bearsden, Hillfoot, Milngavie

Trains:

Class 320/3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Class 318
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Class 334 (Only opperates here occasionaly however will be seen often between Partick and Dalmuir/Milngave on the Edinburgh to Helensburgh/Milngave routes)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  2. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

If DTG make another Scottish route i think it will most likely be either E+G (set before the electrification & upgraded Queen Street) or Ayrshire Coast Line.

But i do think the Argyle line along with what i have said above could be the next Scottish route in the future but i am more leaning towards E+G.

• Like Like x 1
  3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

E-G is a no-brainer. Any suggestions for it get quite a lot of support quickly.
    Ayrshire Coast or Inverclyde would be good routes to have as well. The Argyle Line would be nice as well.

• Like Like x 2
  4. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

First mate great suggestion the argyle line would be great as it has Glasgow exhibition and the scenery isn't the same it is very different when you progress through the station plus it would be a bit of the wcml which I think would make people happy. Also as E-G is out it is possible for this great 60 mile long route to be added.

5. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Awesome idea another thing that appeals is what I call the ugly cow look of the rolling stock ugly look like the pacers but what you know is a absolute cult classic

• Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea for layering class 385 Scotrail Express 314 Glasgow Cathcart Circle on this route.