Newbie Question On Accessing Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deskflyer1, Jun 12, 2021.

1. deskflyer1

deskflyer1 New Member

Hi all,

I have purchased TS2021 through Steam and by and large it works well. I have also purchased a couple of add-on routes and train packs. What I am unable to do is access any scenarios made by other users, only the official ones.

I can see them but when I try to access it say I have to purchase the add-on, even though I already own it. Even scenarios for the basic TS2021 lines (eg Clinchfield) that came with the game are not accessible.

Rather frustrating as some of the scenarios - especially for the South London Network, look great fun - especially as I grew up riding those rails in the 70s!

Not sure if connected, by the additional add-on lines purchase refuse to let me Free-Roam with any locomotive that came in an add-on pack.

Must be a setting somewhere.

If someone more knowledgeable than I could spare a few minutes to help an old fogey come to terms with his computer, it would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You can play Free Roam on almost every route with what ever you own.
    With the limitation of a route must be electrified to run an electric train

Think of Free roam as a big train set where you put what you want on the tracks in any location
    You also add a driver Icon to the lead loco on each train
    When you run the scenario you pick which train you wish to drive -
    But you have to set the points as you go via the 2D map - 9 key

When you want to look for scenarios Don't use the Workshop folder in the game but go via the web
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/workshop/
    Check the requirements for the scenarios then subscribe to them

Peter

3. deskflyer1

deskflyer1 New Member

Fantastic Peter, thank you so much for explaining it in words of less than three syllables !! lol. It worked just as you said. Couldn't see how to do it for looking. Thank you sir.

Rob

• Like Like x 1
  4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Whether it's a Steam problem or a TS problem I don't know but Workshop items can have "phantom" dependencies- that is they get attached to the scenario or WHY as requirements even though they have nothing to do with. This shouldn't matter but when you try to run a scenario from the Drive/Workshop tab (which I suspect you're trying to do) it won't let you if you don't have all the dependencies- even the nonsense ones.

The good news is that subscribed scenarios will all be listed under the Career, Standard or Free Roam tabs as appropriate (and by route then in alphabetical order rather than being dumped into one long list) and can, and indeed should, be run from there. In fact, as long as you have the route, you can try and run any scenario for it whether you have the dependencies or not though with no guarantee that it will work properly- or at all.