Other Ac4400cw Horn Sequencer, Ditch Lights, And Crossing Bells Are All Broken

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by EverettRailfan, Jun 10, 2021.

1. EverettRailfan

EverettRailfan New Member

I never had SPG prior to TSW 2 so I don't know if this has already been reported, but it seems like the ditch lights were working in TSW 1, as shown by several videos. Now they're completely broken and I can't get them to flash. Also the horn sequencer does absolutely nothing, am I missing something? I know it's supposed to automatically play the crossing sequence but nothing happens when I hold it down. Lastly, the bells at the railroad crossings are also broken, which apparently did have sounds in TSW 1. I know that animated crossings were removed, but I didn't think that included sounds as well.
    Oh, and on the topic of bugs, I think the reason why the EOTD shows the wrong pressure is because the tens place on the EOTD's brake pressure indicator is actually showing the ones place of the true brake pipe pressure, which would explain why it moves so fast and is always on a multiple of 10.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  2. EverettRailfan

P.S. I just came up with an idea for making sure the EOTD is in the right place every time: it could be placed as far away from the lead locomotive as possible. This would fix having it get stuck on the lead locomotive after pulling out of a mine spur and running around to the back of the train to take it back to Cumberland Yard. It also just looks wrong to have an EOTD on a locomotive lol

3. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

all of which are known bugs since I got the game... although for me the EOTD has always shown the correct number

4. EverettRailfan

I think it only happens when the EOTD is placed on a locomotive. It works fine on an ordinary car.

5. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

oh here look at this 20210609152526_1.jpg

6. EverettRailfan

WHAT... never had that happen lol

7. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

I spoke with Ed Fisk who worked on a lot of the British locos for TSW about this. What he told me is that this is the fault of the Rail Vehicle Setup team. Each car/loco in TSW is made up of a skeletal mesh, and on that mesh are different "sockets" for different things.

Looking through the mesh for that hopper I noticed that the sockets EOTD_A and EOTD_B were missing. This means when the EOT goes to find a socket to latch to, it finds nothing and reverts back to the default coordinates of X:0, Y:0, Z:0, which just so happens to be in the dead center of the hopper underneath the bays.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

In other words: just finish it quickly, then let's forget about it and never mention it again, the stupid customers can live with it.
    On a more serious level: this (again) is not how professionals work, but amateurs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. EverettRailfan

So why does it work just fine on my Xbox Series S?

10. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Because you‘re looking at bathtub hoppers which work correctly. The EOTD issue concerns the 3-bay hoppers coming with the C40-8W DLC.

11. EverettRailfan

Oh yeah, I don't know how I didn't see those weren't Bethgons lmao

12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

You've never worked in government, have you?

13. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4