Roadmap Update - 15th June 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jun 15, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Roadmap_Header_1920x1080canecreek.jpg
    Cane Creek on final approach in the last Roadmap before switching to Rush Hour.

Read the article here.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Still no information on what loco(s) will be included in Penzance Truro and St Ives then?

Cane Creek looks good and I can't wait to see the Rush Hour roadmaps.
    Will watch tonight for the preservation updates info.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

nice to see Cane creek in next arrival, but weren't we told we would find out what locos would be included in the WCL route in this weeks roadmap? slightly disappointed with that.

• Like Like x 3
  4. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Good to see Cane Creek coming next week but still no locos for the West Cornwall route. What was the point adding it to the roadmap so early. Also this was a lie wasn't it:

"we're expecting be able to confirm the full details of the Penzance route before the next roadmap update, including the trains that come with the route." (From the last roadmap)

• Like Like x 7
  5. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

They weren't 100% sure if they could alredy add it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Welp, back into my Caboose of Shame (to get away from this disappointment. Until Rush Hour arrives)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

8C0D4A3C-BF52-4B75-96F8-8D21724C8FCA.jpeg
    For anyone confused

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

No, despite the fact that we were told that we would be informed before this roadmap. Also we haven't had a definitive response (only speculation from forum members) of my earlier question of whether we are to be kept in the dark regarding 3rd party development (Rivet, Skyhook, TSG) during the period of the Rush Hour roadmap. Can Sam or Adam please answer this during tonight's stream.

• Like Like x 4
  9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

What are boring Roadmap plus we got treated with wrong promises with West Cornwall

• Like Like x 4
  10. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Don't forget the 313. :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Wow, Rivet has been pretty silent about WCL, we still don't know what trains will come with it. At least Cane Creek is in next arrival, can't wait for the preview stream!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Cane Creek finally next to be released, really looking forward to its release.

• Like Like x 4
  13. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Rivet is a terrible company with bad quality and they don’t Care About fixing huge bugs like the Arosa Timetable or it is impossible to get Gold Medaillen on IOW and at Arosa at some scenarios and Timetables

• Like Like x 11
  14. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I'm wondering, since the class 313 is DTG's last loco dlc on the roadmap, are we going to see any new loco addons in the near future? I much prefer those over new routes so I really hope so.

But I'm really looking forward to CCB.

Notice the word: "expecting". Not everything is a lie, Rivet just clearly needs some more time.

• Like Like x 2
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I'm a bit puzzled by Cane Creek being tagged NDD-R7-02. Shouldn't it be 04, after Sand Patch, Peninsula Corridor and Oakville (North American route, all-diesel, modern era)?

16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes that is true, it did say expecting, however they must have seen the clamour of curiousness on these forums! I would have imagined they would have planned what they were including at this juncture, however.

• Like Like x 1
  17. solicitr

It's just possible that the use of a particular loco in Cornwall may depend on getting a particular license, and the license holder is dragging its feet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

That name looks awfully familiar

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

They probably are thinking about new stuff (some of it may even be in early stages of production) but I doubt we'll see anything added until a couple of weeks before Rush Hour, if they add anything before it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Odd how this roadmap uses a pic of the original preview AC4400CW, and not the redone one that we saw in the last article, with the cleaner livery and better number font, same goes for the mastery rewards.....

21. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Just stop with the "but you promised" posts please, we aren't all 5 years old and they never promised anything they hoped they would know by now but they clearly don't otherwise it would be there.

Have to say that this is really a 1/10 roadmap, i.e. worse than the last 2/10 one as we knew Cane Creek was on the way from the streams this week.

Am expecting that tonight they will say the rush hour routes will be prioritised over the preservation crew fixes so these will be delayed further behind that content. It rather resembles what happens when you lose your path on the railways and then get hit by every red light as other traffic is prioritised over your train.

• Like Like x 9
  22. solicitr

My guess is that following the 313 it will be "all hands on deck" for the three Rush Hour routes and the system upgrade, which represent a metric shedload of programmer and artist hours. I wouldn't expect any DLC between that and RH.

The 313 delay - I wonder if what happened is that they started with building the 313 for ECW, decided to make Cathcart in part because the 314 could be piggybacked on it, and then as an independent project the excellent 314 came out so much better than its parent loco they sent the 313 back to be upgraded to 314 standard?

• Like Like x 5
  23. solicitr

I'm not so sure about that. Obviously it's not a matter of download bandwidth, since it will be many weeks before RH is released. Nor do I see a testing logjam, yet, since I doubt the RH routes are anywhere near in a state to go to QA. In fact, what is coming up is precisely the window needed to get the backlog of Preserved fixes tested and released.

24. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Then perhaps they shouldn't have announced the route until they were 100% certain what trains were gonna be in that route and all the license hurdles were sorted out. Hopefully this is a lesson for the future

• Like Like x 4
  25. tallboy7648

Will the Motor sounds cutting out on the m7 for lirr be fixed after rush hour as they were not fixed in the lirr update? (Question For Stream)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

[live stream question]
    Will the electrification on GWE be incomplete forever?

• Like Like x 3
  27. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

I would appreciate if this could be answered in tonight’s stream considering we were promised more information 2 weeks ago otherwise as you say it would seem we’ve been lied to again.

if the information isn’t there yet why was it added to the roadmap in the first place creating hype and why were we given another empty promise?

• Like Like x 4
  28. solicitr

Yes. Next question?

• Like Like x 7
  29. solicitr

Since when is "expecting to be able to" a promise?

• Like Like x 4
  30. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure, if not outright stated, it was inferred in the last stream that the 313 would come out post-Rush Hour. That's what I took from the conversation anyway.

It's not Rush Hour, it's the core update, Adam's team will be working on moving all the old routes to the new Unreal Engine version, so they won't be free to work on any fixes in the meantime, again, that's what I took from the last stream.

• Like Like x 1
  31. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

This happened before when routes were going to be added to the route map and never happened. Yet again the same thing is happening again with the west cornwall route. Supposed to learn from mistakes not repeat them.

Anyway Rush hour is the main focus now. Looking forward to it. Brightmainline here we come

• Like Like x 4
  32. solicitr

I'm not talking about new fixes, I'm talking about the fixes which Adam & co. have already done but which still haven't been released, apparently because of the QA queue.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Geth_2234

It raises people’s expectations unnecessarily so it comes across as an empty promise.

• Like Like x 6
  34. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It will stay that way - in this age. This question was answered once before :)

• Like Like x 2
  35. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Another “meh” update.

It’s a shame no new routes have been announced recently. Off the top of my head, once Cane Creek is released, we’ve got Brighton Main Line, Boston - Providence & the German route as well as West Cornwall. Am I missing any..? Surely we’re due at least a couple more to drop in the Autumn?

• Like Like x 2
  36. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

Yes, just like British Rail exists in the game forever along with Clinchfield Railroad.

• Like Like x 2
  37. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

The roadmap is not here to entertain you. TSW 2 is there for entertainment. I think you've completely missunderstood the concept of the roadmap. It shows what officially happens right now around TSW and what isn't.

Yes. That's the state of the route, it's done by purpose, there is no reason at all to change that. And this was never promised.

• Like Like x 8
  38. fre

fre Active Member

I think it’s good that this is the last regular roadmap, as nothing too unexpected has happened for the past few now. How will the rush hour roadmap work if all the routes are to be released at the same time? More WIP + development images would be great too.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Little to no movement on this roadmap is understandable and expected since they basically confirmed all of DTG had transitioned to working on Rush Hour in the last stream two weeks ago. I guess this really means we won’t see the 313 until long after Rush Hour since it’s still in production and would need to be playtested and all that stuff, which probably won’t happen due to the focus on RH and the accompanying core update.
    Regarding unannounced route and loco DLCs (looking at the second half of 2021 and early 2022), I’d expect some huge roadmap additions shortly after the release of Rush Hour. They’re probably looking at the routes they have released in the past few months right now and - judging by how popular/profitable they are - deciding on those who “deserve” a loco DLC (at least that’s what Matt hinted at during the Cathcart streams).

• Like Like x 5
  40. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The GWE will never be fully electrified as it would require a lot more of work as not only the catenary was put ( so much differences ) so a whole rebuild is quicker

41. Luke8899

Yeah, but QA's job is to find things, not just rubber stamp them, so if they're QA-ing those fixes, and find things, which you'd kind of expect given the state of the first round of 'fixes' for RT and LIRR, then those fixes have to go back to be fixed, and there's currently no fixers available to fix the fixes. :D

• Like Like x 2
  42. tallboy7648

I feel like the rush hour roadmap will be used purely as a pr marketing tool on the progress of rush hour development. The first rush hour stream seemed more of a marketing tool as wel as there was nothing really to talk about on the rush hour stream. It was mainly a roadmap stream but with matt and jd in it

• Like Like x 3
  43. Geth_2234

I can understand why some people get frustrated though because the OHLE is half finished in the game and I live on the route so it does tend to stand out a bit and look unfinished. Unlike Other period routes which remained mostly the same, the great western mainline didnt stay in that state for very long and in 2017 when the route was set the IETs were gradually beginning to enter service with GWR and network rail were regularly closing the line to install OHLE.

• Like Like x 3
  44. Luke8899

Yeah, looking back the first roadmap when TSW2 launched announced 10 new DTG-produced pieces of content, as well as various third party stuff, which has basically bought us to where we are now. Cathcart Circle was the only route that wasn't originally announced in the first road map, and the 313 is the only DTG=produced piece of content from the first roadmap that hasn't released yet. Not bad for less than a year to be honest! Though possibly they won't announce so much this time around, as they seem to regret announcing so much so soon.

To be on the safe side, get your suggestions for new routes and locos in now!

• Like Like x 3
  45. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Live stream question:

The last update for the BR 182 still has not been released on xbox. Although I understand we are not your main target group and most likely the least important customers but could you please take a look at this?
    Sorry for the lack of kindness and the addition of sarcasm but this is very frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  46. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I mean, the route is literally set in 2016 when the electrification was still underway. So it’s correct the way it is.

I don’t understand why people fail to understand this, or expect DTG to suddenly update the route to modern standards. This isn’t going to happen unless the make another GWE route (which I doubt they will for many years)

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The same was asked for Peninsula Corridor but the electrification is taking so much time that it will be ready for 2024 at least so people will still moaning for GWE for being “incomplete”

48. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

No, in fact the Class 314 came first and the Class 313 was then forked off to be developed for ECW. Direct from the horse's mouth.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I wonder if they’ll add a new lirr route to rush hour like the Babylon Branch or port Washington Branch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Oh god here we go again and you’ll ask again for the DE30AC DLC ? Stop it

• Like Like x 4