Xbox Overhead Wire Equipment (catenary) Loading Late - Glasgow Cathcart Circle

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by sdc, Jun 10, 2021.

1. sdc

sdc Member

I am currently playing Glasgow Cathcart Circle on Xbox Series S and on the branch lines of the route the overhead wire equipment is loading late and disappearing after I have driven past (noticed this using the outside and drivers camera).

Thanks

Steven
    I have owned Train Sim World since it launched first time on console and now own Train Sim World 2. I have only just joined the forums this year.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

I noticed the same thing too. Quite annoying. I'm playing on Xbox Series X.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I tend to notice this with catenary on HMA but it seems like on Cathcart going 40mph it still takes me to reach the first catenary pole before the next one loads in, I use Xbox series X aswell

• Like Like x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m on PS4 but I assume all consoles are the same. The catenary poles load in at around the same distance as the shadow draw distance and that is very close for the driver’s perspective. This is the same on all routes. I think what’s different with Cathcart is that they don’t fade in slowly like on other routes, they just pop in, and with some lighting conditions that is very noticeable. Of course once you notice this behaviour it is very difficult to not notice it all the time afterwards. Zooming in with the camera (which is very tempting with such a small windscreen) only makes it stand out more.

5. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yep I’m on PS4 pro and it’s the same but the large catenary gantries aren’t loading lately liker the pole one

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Same here . Rendering should improve dramatically on next gen consoles when RH releases

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Same here on PS5.

8. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

It's really distracting unfortunately. Otherwise the route feels pretty good. I'm on xbox series x too.

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Draw distance appears to be even more nerfed on console than it is in vanilla PC form- although in PC it can be tweaked.

10. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It's not so bad coming out of Glasgow, which I expected to be more demanding than the branch lines.

11. sdc

sdc Member

It is mainly on the branch lines - corrected original post as well

Thanks

Steven
    I have owned Train Sim World since it launched first time on console and now own Train Sim World 2. I have only just joined the forums this year.