PlayStation Gcc - Problems (updated)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by li150special, Jun 14, 2021.

1. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Started a scenario at GCC today and there were absolutely no people. No passengers, no drivers of other train. Nobody.

Same thing in service mode. Not one single person anywhere.

Please, what is wrong with my TSW 2? I just don't get it.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. li150special

Oh, found one. The driver of a 314. Unfortunately, she was at the back end of the train which was going backwards.

So, for me it was time to completely delete the game and re-install it from new. Not a happy bunny now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. li150special

OK, I give up.

Reinstalled the entire game and all DLC, which took ages.

The AI trains are still driverless. Or maybe the driver sits in the cab at the wrong end. I don't know, because it annoys me a bit too miuch.

Am I really, really the only person on the planet with this problem? Why? What have I done wrong?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

It would be odd for you to be the only person experiencing this, but equally odd that nobody has replied to say they are experiencing the same (yet).

Perhaps you could give some more details to make it easier for someone else to verify if it's reproducible or not.

What kind of PS4 are you on? Base/Slim/Pro.
    Can you post a specific service and/or scenario where this occurred, so someone with a similar spec can see if it's the same for them?
    Screenshots may help, though you've described it well enough without.

On PS4 pro I've not experienced what you have described so far, but I've not ran the vast majority of services or most of the scenarios yet so can't say for sure it isn't happening.

• Like Like x 1
  5. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Not GCC but AI drivers at the wrong end seems to be a general bug & not specific to GCC.

• Like Like x 3
  6. li150special

OK, so here are some screenshots of the DLC that is hyped over the moon right now by most people.

Around and around scenario - AI Train at Pollokshields West - no driver.

[​IMG]

Around and around scenario - AI Train at Pollokshields East - no driver.
    [​IMG]

I fail to understand how I can be the only person experiencing these severe issues. It is technically impossible that it only affects me.

I am using a normal PS4. There are not so many things you can do wrong when downloading stuff from the PS Store, can you?

What have I done? Please...????

Edit:

OK, my assumption is that some other DLC interferes with GCC. I recently bought some other routes. What I will do now is delete everything again and install TSW2 with GCC ONLY. I will then subsequently add routes and see when it goes down the drain again. I will then decide which of the conflicting routes I will keep and which I will kick out. Unfortunately, trying to get money back from the PS Store due to technical problems is a bit, erm, challenging.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. li150special

Another try, three new problems.

1. Now there are passengers on the platforms, but no passengers on my train. They do not board. None. Zero. Nowhere. Never.

2. No taillights on any train. I remember Matt saying that they originally were off, but were changed to on by default. Well, not in my version. When I start a new game, the lights are set to "off" rather than "taillights".

3. PIS in timetable service mode is empty. No service. None.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why me? Again, I am running the game on a normal PS4. This is certainly not right.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. li150special

OK, so I entirely deleted all saved game data and downloaded the game and DLCs anew overnight. Starting from level 1 again instead of >100, but the important thing is that it seems to work as intended.

Only one question: the large PIS screen shown above is still blank (also in timetable service mode). Is this correct or a bug? Thank you.

9. sdc

sdc Member

The large departure board in picture 4 is completely turned off.
    The platform departure boards on each platform follow the timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  10. li150special

That's a relief, thank you!

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The no driver could be a "which way round bug" so I would suggest looking at the BACK of the consist before declaring an empty driver's seat. Still wrong, but maybe not as wrong
    The main board in Glasgow was blank on the preview stream as well. The reason given was that it would take up too much run time to populate it properly, so that's "supposed to be empty"
    The ones on platform are populated by the timetable / planner, so unless the service is started they may well be blank. Again, not how it should be (they should show the next intended service or "Welcome to Scotrail" I would imagine) but possibly "how it's intended to work in game"

12. li150special

OK, so after it worked once (!), on Round and Round, there are

- ghost trains without driver in the front or in the back
    - no passengers in my trains.

So the bug seems to be that certain people INSIDE trains are invisible.

Also, when I start a service at Glasgow Central, people get OUT of my train rather than IN.

Please DTG help me. What can I do to end this misery?

13. ARuscoe

Sounds like something to put a ticket in for...
    Hopefully it's a console specific bug or something similar (as in not your specific setup)

14. li150special

Realistically, there is no hope. As I seem to be the only freak with that freaking problem, nobody will fix this bug.

I could buy another PS4 for testing purposes, or I could just throw away everything. Tough call, kicking out about EUR 600 worth of DLC, but that really spoils the entire game for me.

I oculd also wait until the August update, but I have little hope.

15. ARuscoe

Realistically, if you're giving up hope because of something as simple as a computer game maybe there's a priorities issue...
    I mean really, report it and enjoy the trains (sans driver as required) until they fix it but there are very very very many more important things in life

• Like Like x 3
  16. li150special

That is certainly true, but it is my favourite game and has developed into a hobby (learning to drive with safety systems, different brakes, etc.). Thus, it is an important part of their free-time activities. Of course, you cannot compare it to serious accidents or other things in life.

17. ARuscoe

Unless the driverless train is running away with itself, I wouldn't be too worried...:)

18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

These bugs are not unique to you or to single routes. There are many quirks in TSW2, like the passengers getting off at the start of a service and AI drivers at the wrong end of trains. Cathcart has big problems with passengers. They are not doing what they are supposed to and it is a known bug shown in the live streams DTG do. There may not be anything wrong with your copy of the game or your PS4 so there might be no need to worry. The PIS system doesn’t work in scenarios only in Timetable services, so that’s probably a scenario you were driving when they were blank, apart from the huge information board which isn’t simulated at all.

Anything that you think is a bug, bearing in mind everything that has been said here, send a ticket to support. Sometimes people don’t reply to bug reports on the forum to say they also have them. It is fairly normal to get no replies or just a couple. It doesn’t necessarily mean you are the only player experiencing the issues.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I did just have a look and could repeat the driverless trains behaviour in the Around and Around scenario, so that's a definitely a bug that does apply to PS4.

In that particular scenario the passengers on the train are sparse, I started at Glasgow with zero, but I did pick some up along the way both times I tried, and there were the normal amount of people on the platforms. Whether the lack of people on the train is a bug or by design I do not know, the scenario specifically makes use of 6 car formations, and so perhaps there is a memory usage issue keeping passenger numbers on the train down.

In service mode though I've not seen any driverless AI so far, and the numbers of passengers on the trains or in the stations seems normal.

It is possible we are having the exact same experience, it's just that we're interpreting things differently, I'd certainly not say my experience of this route so far has been particularly overshadowed by the lack of people, but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't something going wrong.

Bug reports work best when they are specific, and give a developer specific conditions in which to find the problem, so it's always best to be specific when raising behaviours, TSW has a passenger problem generally, so it's very easy to write off a general complaint of a lack of passengers as just reflective of the game's limitations, but with specific steps to reproduce an issue, a dev will be able to see specifically what you are seeing and judge whether or not it is an issue or as designed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. li150special

Thank you, Luke! I will try to document things as precisely as possible with further screenshots and then file a ticket

• Like Like x 1
  21. li150special

Just to complete this thread (hopefully), I might have found the issue (and the solution). On my standard PS4, there is 400 GB of memory. Approximately 300 GB were used. I have now removed a lot of other stuff and, with roughly 100 GB memory still being used by TSW and some other software, everything seems to run fine (no ghost trains, PIS working). Could it be that CCG uses a lot of the memory for its calculations and that this was the cause? I hope it was and things will remain nice and smooth...

• Like Like x 1
  22. ARuscoe

Worth putting on here HOW you did that, just in case people don't know?

Quite possibly, and one to note for DTG Natster to pass onto Adam

• Like Like x 1
  23. li150special

Certainly (my PS4 is set the German language, so I am not 100% sure of the English terms).

You can delete software and saved data from your device by selscting "settings" (the icon that looks like a toolbox) in the menu. Then choose "storage management". You can now select applications. Push the "options" button on your controller and select the applications you want (i.e. the games which you are currently not playing but which take up a lot of storage space) in order to delete them .

If you want to re-install the applications, there is a "library" function in the main line of the start screen (looks like a shelf). This way, you can download any purchased item again from the PS Store.

24. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say, I've tried to create a (albeit) pretty simple custom scenario and didn't notice these issues... although I admit I was not looking for them... I'll try later... I guess it's sad if I got so used to empty platforms that my brain doesn't even register that something is wrong

25. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I don't think any game uses disk space for calculations, these are done in the main memory (which you can't expand).

26. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Windows by its nature uses lots of pagefiling aka virtual memory to supplement physical RAM, so, yes, disk speed is a factor.

27. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Why can't you expand main memory (RAM)? Of course it has a limit, but that would be maybe 64GB.

28. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I apologise for being a little less specific, of course I was talking about Sony consoles. I don't know about Xbox, but the post I was referring to initially has mentioned a PS4 and the whole thread is tagged with "Playstation". ;)

Another point, to dig a little further, would be: pagefiling is something the firmware does to accomplish memory requirements of the applications, but those don't request it - they are oblivious of this and will do all calculations in main memory.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  29. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Right, I should have picked that up. Sorry.:)

30. li150special

Sorry that I have to bring this thread up again. All in all, GCC is running fine now. However, there are a few minor things that remain strange and I would love if DTG could have a look into this when updating/bugfixing GCC.

1. Around and around (journey mode)

In the Around and Around, there are still no 314 drivers visible in the AI trains. My "own" driver appears as normal.

The situation can be seen, for example, in this video I found on Youtube from minute 4.12 onwards:

Also, in some stations, instead of the next step to be expected "close doors", the UI directly switches to "stop at location" for the next station. Even when the doors are still open. Of course, you cannot drive until the doors are closed.

I am only a layman of course, but what strikes me with this scenario is that, unlike any other, virtually all trains are 6-car formations (except for the odd 3-car formation sitting at Glasgow Central. Moreover, there are loads of them buzzing around. I have never seen such a busy scenario. I even think that, thus, the number of 314s driving around exceeds the total number of 314s theoretically available (I think that Matt mentioned 16 or 18 total units). Could it be possible that this leads to the issue, because some 314s would have to appear twice at the same time? Again, I am just a layman trying to figuring out things, so please disregard my comment if it makes no sense at all.

2. 2N22 Glasgow Central-Neilston

When driving this train, the signal after exiting Glasgow Central shows red.but you can still drive on.

Also, the first AI train you encounter at or shortly before Pollokshields East is going BACKWARDS. It has taillights in the front, headlights in the back and the driver also sits at the end of the train. I attach two screenshots of this train. According to PIS at Pollokshield East, the train in question leaves Pollokshields East at 9.42am, heading towards Glasgow Central, but I have not been able to identify the service number. The closest fit is 2I23 (supposed to leave Pollokshields East at 9.37am).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Tunnel at Newton

The tunnel west of Newton does not seen to be entirely closed. There is some light coming through at the bottom (left-hand side when driving to Newton). I have encountered this when driving service 2P06 to Newton.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021