Train Simulator 2018 - Free Weekend And Bundle

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Martin, May 31, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Martin

TrainSim-Martin Well-Known Member

2. Growler374

Growler374 New Member

Shame you forgot to include ANY content! ;) Very much hoping (for any prospective new players) that this little oversight might be rectified before the free weekend is over.

3. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks for the note Growler374, this should now be fixed but let us know if it's still a problem

Best, Steve

4. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Steve it is good that it is now fixed but the Steam forum went into overdrive with this problem. More than one thread and around 75 posts just about everyone of them negative about DTG. There’s rehashing of issues from everything from the cost of the DLC - if you bought everything - to the Steam forum not being monitored. Now how many new potential customers are going to be put off trying the free trial by reading the forum first is questionable but from a PR point of view at this point I’d suggest it is something of an own goal.

Now DTG may have been aware of the issue early on, and then focused on fixing it or (and my guess) is that someone came into the office in the morning and discovered the issue. Which leads me to a question, if there’s something going wrong that’s visible to a large number of users what’s the best way to bring it to DTG’s attention? Or do we just watch the Steam forum self combust?

• Like Like x 2
  5. hightower

hightower Guest

6. Medellinexpat

I can see over 30 items on sale on Steam. You are pressing the down arrow next to the first 3 items to see all of the rest of the available DLC including the rest of the sale items aren’t you? Most of the sale items are listed together at the top although there are a few others further down.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. hightower

hightower Guest

I see it now, thanks. Not quite what I’d hoped...I’ve already got everything on that list I’d be interested in. Oh well, fun day.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018
  8. Medellinexpat

Yes, nothing hit my wish list either. Having said that with APs sale last week quite a lot of ‘hobby’ money might have already been spent by the community recently. Still, a sale is a sale.

• Like Like x 1
  9. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I was kind of hoping that I could try out the North wales route, but if you already own TS all you can do is load up what you already have.

10. CrazyGecko

CrazyGecko Active Member

The only things that interest me on the wishlist is Munich-Augsburg route, GWR Class 14XX and LNER Peppercorn A2.

11. Course carriage

Course carriage Member

Unfortunately, nothing suitable for me. Most of everything I have already and what is on my list is not on sale.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CrazyGecko

CrazyGecko Active Member

Summer sale should be along soon so hopefully better pickings then.

• Like Like x 2
  13. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Too late for now but in case there's a next time I ran TS2018 by setting up a new Steam account for the purpose. There seemed to be some hesitation before the new content was downloaded and I don't really see why such a measure was necessary but it was simple enough. Simpler than removing the new stuff from the menus after the trial period certainly.