Roadmap Update - 15th June 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

What he means is the next roadmap which for now and until the release of Rush Hour is now call the Rush Hour Roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Really? Maybe you need to watch some of the last four or five roadmap streams because Sam has stressed a season if not a date...
    Methinks your pedantry is being pushed a bit overmuch of late

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Oh, okay. You consider "summer" to be "defined".... Fair enough.

I don't. But I have personal bias with this. In my experience, when someone says "It will be ready by summer", they might later say "Q4", and then they'll say they meant "Q4 of the tax year", which could be the following February/March... and then they mean next year, or "next summer", etc. It's just a personal interpretation. I take "summer" as a deadline to be a broadly meaningless deadline.

In the context of previous discussions then, "by summer" could mean "a few months away" - and I don't really regard that as defined. And yep, I admit I can be pedantic... but I'd say that this is one of the least pedantic things that I could say, to be reasonably fair.

Summer 2021 actually starts on Monday. So from Monday morning then? Like this Monday - in about 36 hours from now....... but as part of a range.... so... anytime from 36 hours from now, to about three months from now....

- When will the car be fixed?
    - Monday, you know, in the summer.
    - Do you Monday, this Monday in 36 hours...?
    - No, I mean Monday.... in the summer, and that could be in 36 hours, or 2160 hours, somewhere in the 36 to 2160 hour range, where in that range is anyone's guess, of course....!
    - Oh, anywhere between 36 hours and 2160 hours. Useful to know. Thanks for the update...!

• Like Like x 3
  4. porawit

porawit Member

5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Summer 21

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Based on previous release dates for Train Sim World, it will likely release on 19th of August. This is not an officially confirmed date, but you can mark this date on your calendar as "probably maybe likely to be the release date for Train Sim World: Rush Hour determined by the historical release dates for annual TSW updates and given Thursdays around this period of the season."

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. synthetic.angel

So it was YOU that broke into my office on Thursday night and stole my "Compare the Meerkat" toy collection....! Because only that person could possibly know that I have a an A4 day to view diary, and that I have very very tiny hand-writing.... you cheeky so-and-so.....!

8. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Going by past streams I would guess August maybe late July but that would be pushing it imo.

• Like Like x 1
  9. synthetic.angel

NB: I want my toys returned safe and completely unharmed.

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Defines a limit, so yes

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Based on the previous roadmap activity & trends.
    I could place the next possible roadmap at either: June 29th (most likely) or July 6th 2021.
    As stated previously, the next roadmaps are going to be Rush Hour related.

• Like Like x 1
  12. [UK] Alien Baltan

[UK] Alien Baltan Active Member

Plus, the route's set during 2015, if I remember correctly, so this was pre-Electrostars, pre-Class 800/801s and the electrification only went so far. This doesn't necessarily discount a potential DLC in the future that adds the modern stock, since if Diesel Legends added trains that left the line in the '70s, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for a future DLC for trains that joined the line in the last few years.

• Like Like x 1