Tsw2- Fife Circle Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrSouthernDriver, Apr 3, 2021.

1. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

With Train Sim World 2's Fife Circle Line, you can marvel at the mix of modern and historic infrastructure, including the striking and instantly recognisable Forth Rail Bridge, as well as the new Edinburgh Gateway station. Experience all this and more across 49 miles between Edinburgh and Dunfermline via Kirkaldy, aboard modern traction such as the BR Class 68, Class 158 and Class 170.
    [​IMG]

*please note that the route is only up to Dunfermline Queen Margret and Kirkcaldy*

the rolling stock
    [​IMG]
    The Class 68 is a type of mainline mixed traffic diesel-electric locomotive manufactured by Stadler Rail (and previously by Vossloh EspaƱa) for Direct Rail Services in the United Kingdom. The design is derived from the Stadler Eurolight,

these will run 52 services across the route

[​IMG]

The British Rail Class 158 Express Sprinter is a diesel multiple-unit passenger train (or DMU), built specifically for British Rail between 1989 and 1992 by British Rail

these will run 91 passenger services across the route

[​IMG]

The British Rail Class 170 Turbostar is a British diesel multiple-unit (DMU) passenger train built by Bombardier Transportation (and previously ADtranz) at its Derby Litchurch Lane Works. Introduced after privatisation, these trains have operated regional as well as long-distance services, and to a lesser extent suburban services. 139 units were built, but some were later converted to Class 168 and Class 171 units.

these will run 61 services along the route

scenarios

Dunfermline turn around: uncouple a class 68 from the mk2 coaches and run the loco around and to the back of the coaches and couple up to Edinburgh

Turbo The Network: run a class 170 from Kirkcaldy to Edinburgh

Sprinter Stopper: run a class 158 from Edinburgh To Kirkcaldy

Bridging the Network: drive a class 158 from Edinburgh To Inverkeithing only after a train catching fire

All Change: drive a class 170 from Edinburgh gateway to Edinburgh Waverley as the last train of the day before heading into the sheds

• Like Like x 20
  2. lewis tobin

lewis tobin Member

Yes we need this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The mileage should be within the capability of TSW2.
    However the only issue I found driving the TS version is the Class 68 in particular is rather boring. On such a light load it accelerates like a bat out of hell and there is little to no thrash noise, sure the prototype is a bit louder. So would rather it came with the Class 158 and 170 (need to keep the modern traction fans happy) then layer in some railtours with the Class 37 and 47 to make us traditionalists happy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

This has been said before by others, but I'm very surprised DTG aren't doing this route already. Out of any Scottish route they could do for TSW it seems like the most obvious choice considering it was made very recently for TS Classic, and is a iconic route to boot. Granted not complaining Glasgow Cathcart Circle, I think it's neat to see a less than obvious choice, but I'm still surprised it got added over Fife.

• Like Like x 2
  5. redshed66

redshed66 New Member

Looks really nice, would love to play this route on tsw2

• Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really nice and if there's railtour options send TVL Class 37 NTP/WSR Class 47 over the Forth Bridge

• Like Like x 2
  7. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

this is a great suggestion, i really hope this gets made.

i always liked the idea of having edinburgh - dundee as a dlc but the more i think about it there would be more variety in having this version instead, being able to drive via kirkcaldy or dunfermline would keep the game interesting for a long time.

there could be an option for terminating services as well as possibly circular services to/from glenrothes

i really hope dtg see this and consider it, especially after the success of cathcart. this route would be (for me) an improvement on cathcart as the fife circle would offer slow stopping AND fast express services, this has the potential to be a flagship route for train sim world

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. lrodoteuk#4757

lrodoteuk#4757 New Member

Yea but (in my opinion) would only consider just the 158's and 170's, but that's just my opinion.

9. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

In my opinion if this route does eventually come to tsw2 it should have the 158 and 170 upon release and the 68 as a loco dlc.
    Ps. Would love to see this route in tsw2, just imagine having the forth bridge in this game, please dgt, please

• Like Like x 2
  10. haninl0610

haninl0610 Active Member

This route needs to be in TSW2! I really like this route in TS20xx!

• Like Like x 2