Up 844 Passenger Box Car

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tswgamerts, Jun 18, 2021.

1. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

I don't know if this was made, but if it wasn't here is a good addon for the up passenger trains. The 844 challenger and big boy. There is something that is missing from this passenger set, the UP box car that is on the passenger trains on 844 and big boy. There is really no history about it really but that box car is missing from the whole set. If the box car can be made that would be great to finish the addon. It can be a marketplace addon for it. I hope this will be made.
    Here is the link to see the box car included in a UP passenger train.

2. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

1) Where's the link?
    2) Sadly that boxcar got into an accident sometime in 2012 and was subsequently scrapped. So, whilst it did run behind 844 and 3985, it never had the chance to run behind 4014.

3. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

The GP30 includes a boxcar, and has one in a very similar paint scheme to the ones they run with for their steam excursion.
    Well the bog standard boxcar might not exist, but I know they also have modified boxcar they've used as recently as 2017.

4. steammaster4449

Perhaps, but they've not run those in passenger consists aside from 4014's run back to Cheyenne from RailGiants, some test runs for the 844, and perhaps some runs that're escaping my mind. And if memory serves correct, they're for crew sleeper service, instead of what the one being suggested was, which was to make public display easier by holding equipment that the actual passenger cars couldn't. But I must make note that whilst the EXACT bockscar, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) , is no longer around in one piece, it does have a few contemporaries around on display. Also, let it be known that the number of the boxcar being suggested is UPP 9336.

Boxcar being suggested from back in 2009:
    [​IMG]

Side view of it:
    [​IMG]

Another view of it:
    [​IMG]

Yet another view of it:
    AA UP Bockscar.jpeg

A view of it after it got in the wreck that led to it's scrapping:
    [​IMG]

Huh. I know full well that there's at least ONE of the 9336's contemporaries on display somewhere, but I'm unable to find any photographs of it. Odd. Ah well. Least we got photographs of the 9336 in the thread now.

5. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

The link is in the Tags section of this post

6. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

Try this Link:

7. steammaster4449

Link didn't work via the tag, I tried. I suggest embedding the video you want to have in the post the next time you wish to have a video in a thread.
    I've seen that video before. I gotta say, props to the person that filmed it for braving a big city like St. Louis to go railfanning. Won't see me do that unless I go in via rail and hangout near a station or something.

8. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

If you check that guys page he's actually a storm chaser, those St Louis railfans were probably a piece of cake for him to deal with compared to some of the stuff he's been through.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

I am fully aware he is a storm chaser, but he also filmed this train

10. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

My post wasn't directed towards you, it was aimed solely at steammaster.

11. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

Sorry my apologies