Frame Skip?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jos, Jun 20, 2021.

1. jos

jos New Member

Is there a means of enabling frame skip or a similar function on train sim?

(frame skip is where lag frames are intentionally skipped to keep the game running at the same speed, even with a lower frame rate. In train sim whenever im driving on a route with lower frames I always feel a bit of slowdown and it can get tedious, a frame skip function would avoid this and ive seen recordings of train simulator where there appears to be some sort of frame skip in action so I've been hoping there is a means of enabling it)

• Like Like x 1
  2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Well yeah I see what you mean, sometimes operating the brakes in a very dense station can be a miserable experience.

A like from me.

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

The frame rate does adjust but there's a lower limit. Get to a busy area and the frame rate will drop without affecting the passage of game time but if it drops below 14 FPS (or 15 in the 32 bit version for some reason- at least the last time I noticed) TS can't seem to adapt itself any further. If you have the FPS counter on (Shift-Z) it will show 14 even when the frame rate is manifestly slower and in-game time will slow accordingly.

4. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Possibly FreeSync or GSync monitors these eliminate video card lag and display all images (immediately) that are sent from the cpu at whatever frame rate.