Route Proposal: The Path Entire System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kobo, Jun 16, 2021.

1. kobo

kobo Active Member

Before you guys ask, the entire system of The Path is not as big as you think. I personally think this would look great in Train sim world. Ages ago, the system was released under a now ages old game, called world of subways. I'd love to see this route made for train sim world. The PATH (Port Authority Trans-Hudson) is a 13.8 mile route servicing Newark Penn Station, to World Trade Center, Hoboken, and 33rd street in Manhattan. Trains run every 5 min during rush hour, in the morning and evening, with some trains packed to the gills before moving 2 stations.

The system's oldest tunnels predate the New York City subway by almost 30 years, with the first piece constructed in 1873, but wasn't finished until 1907. (cited from Wikipedia)

During the weekdays, 4 different services operate: Newark-WTC (World Trade Center), Hoboken-WTC, Journal Square-33rd St., Hoboken-33rd St. On weekends, trains only do two services: Newark-WTC, and Journal Square-33rd St (with a stop in Hoboken where the engineer changes ends without a crew change). I've personally been a passenger on that run, and it's interesting. It's also the longest distance in terms of time, as i recall being on the train for almost 40 min, though that might be wrong. The route has 13 stations, with 5 stations that have been closed for decades. The platforms I think are still on the route, but I haven't ridden the route myself in ages.

I don't know how relevant any of this info is, or if I have been rambling a bit, but I would love to see this route in the game at some point in the future. I also think it would make a great rush hour route, even though it's short.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This is a very detailed suggestion , but could you add some photos please

3. kobo

kobo Active Member

I actually don't have any photos to share. I have never taken any of the line itself, and anything i find would be other people's photos online.

4. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

You can take photos from websites. It's what most people do.

5. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Just Google some photos

6. kobo

kobo Active Member

first post updated with a few images.

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea late nights weekends Both Blue Line Hoboken to 33rd Street Herald Square and yellow line Journal Square to 33rd Street Herald Square are combined into one services Journal Square to 33rd Street Herald Square via Hoboken terminal. Also there is no Green Line Hoboken to World Trade Center during the late Night Weekends it's replaced by a Transfer at Grove Street to the Newark to WTC Line. PATH Train can be linked to the IRT West Side subway line at 14th street and WTC via Passageways.

8. kobo

kobo Active Member

I'm so glad to see via your footer, that you've proposed the raritan valley line. that's my home route, and what i work on daily.