PlayStation Big Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by gottabedarnell, Jun 22, 2021.

1. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Will they ever get rid of all the bugs in HAUPTSTRECKE MUNCHEN AUGSBURG ROUTE ESPECIALLY IN SCENARIO DESIGNER it so many BUGS and my game keeps going to the blue screen report problem NUMEROUS NUMEROUS TIMES BIG BIG PROBLEM

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If your playstation keeps bluescreening then this sounds like a more major issue than some bugs in the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Blue screen sounds like a hardware issue. Maybe your PS4 is passing away, slowly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

As long as we don't know the error code given with the bluescreen, we can only guess what the cause may be.
    It can be a hardware problem, but you'll never know, it may also be any kind of fault in the application programm (game).

Sadly it's quite a habit of game developers to see all bluescreens as an issue of the users hardware or of the Playstation's database. So everyone's first advice would be to reorganise that database.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  5. ARuscoe

Knowing the populace of this forum over the last few years I can say that if there was a large (or even small) percentage getting blue screens we would see some vocal acknowledgement of it...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Slemcer

That's exactly the wrong kind of conclusion. There always is a chance that noone else has had this issue before, and just telling him "you're the first with this problem, so it cannot be an issue of the game" is very arrogant, IMHO.

7. ARuscoe

Oh, where did I say that?
    In my twenty plus years of IT support and management I have never said anything such, but seeing as I have on here and didn't notice that's terribly remiss of me...

Given the OP says they've reported it already no point advising that, but saying they could also look to their hardware IS good advice.

8. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

But its the only route that does that other routes are perfectly fine

9. ARuscoe

It's a very intense route for various reasons, so hopefully the report to DTG means they can help, but there can be memory and capacity issues that can also floor your PS, so maybe speak to PS support as well as DTG

10. Slemcer

I didn't say you wrote it, but it's the idea behind your advice.
    Please stop bragging ... I have more than 35 years of experience in dealing with IT support. The bigger the age difference between support staff and user, the more the user is considered ignorant or just plain stupid. Again, I'm not saying that's how you act, it's just my experience.

11. ARuscoe

Really... you must be reading something I'm not typing.
    Maybe rather than trying to tell other people what they're saying give your own helpful advice even it's contrary to what others are saying (or from your reading suggesting)

Erm. Maybe that's what you do, but again, please point me to where the age of the OP is listed?
    It's not so I cannot know that
    So again, stick to giving your own advice

I'm done with this conversation now, so I will stick to giving the OP advice and hopefully you will too

12. Slemcer

So am I! Ignoring each other seems to be the only solution.

13. ARuscoe

Either that or just stop trying to tell people what they mean when rather than asking them to clarify... Up to you

14. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Guys keep it on topic, dont argue about something as petty as this,

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Slemcer

I have already said that reorganising the database can be an option. For other games, it has been helpful to change the system language of the console if it is not the standard of that game.

16. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’m actually considering getting this route , what are everyone’s opinions on the route ?

17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Off topic. This is a technical report. If you want to ask about opinions of the route, post a thread. Or just read all the views people have already given in several places already.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Ok

19. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Excellent route if they get rid of the bugs

20. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

We'd need a bit more information to help you. What was the error code, for example...? When exactly does the blue screen get triggered - at what point in the process.....?

I am possibly going to post a thread in the Playstation section (reasonably soon) which should help PS4 players, especially those with base PS4s optimise their experience with TSW 2 on PS4. If I do write it up, then I will point you to it. But in the meantime, I strongly suggest that you do the following:

------------------
    - Before using Scenario Planner, Livery Editor, or playing any scenario/module that you think you might save mid-game, make sure that you have backed up your game progress to the PS4 cloud and/or USB.
    ------------------

All of the above situations have something in common - they make a "HDD write" - but unfortunately TSW and TSW 2 have not been written in a way that repsects PS4 game memory allocation, so an in-game write to certain files can push the PS4 over the edge. Be very careful with HMA, NTP and Cathcart Circle - you could lose you game progress entirely if it glitches at the wrong moment.

There is something else that you can do to avoid blue screens, which is to ensure that TSW 2 is loaded on the console's HDD, and that no other storage media is connected (and preferably no strange devices). Sometimes game save writes can get glitched if another HDD is connected (even if the game is on the console's HDD). This sort of thing rarely happens with most PS4 games, it's just some (like TSW) where little care is taken to make sure that the game is optimised, or operating within the right memory allocation.

• Helpful Helpful x 1