Missing Sd70mac Dlc On Steam

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by nz_kiwi, Jun 24, 2021.

1. nz_kiwi

nz_kiwi New Member

Hi all,
    I have run into an issue on steam that maybe someone on here can help me with please. Quite a while ago (2011) I purchased a steam pack called Railworks 2 SD70MAC pack. This pack when installed creates the folders: SD70Pack01, SD70Pack02 and SD70Pack03? Anyway, recently I had to reinstall TS2021 and at the same time I also reinstalled the Searchlight Simulations MLWAudio - 16N-710G3B - Sound Enhancement pack. Later, I went into the game to try out one of the new liveries, I found the names of all the installed engines and I clicked on one to put into a QD senario I found that the loco wouldnt load, nothing? I went into the above folders under assets and found that the folders were there but there was nothing in them except the files that the above sound enhancement had put there. Weird I thought?? I did all the usual stuff, verified the files, etc, I went to my DLC library to check that I had actually reinstalled it and came across the file, ticked. So that part was ok. Then I noticed that the file size was only 5 bytes. This turned out to be a txt file placed into the SD70Pack03 folder and in that txt file are the numbers 24099. I ended up contacting steam support who, gave me all the usual things to try, which I had already done. I have sent back a reply and I am waiting on a response. But, while I was googling this to find a solution I came across an old trainsim forum post from a guy who had had the same issue. To cut a long story short, he ended up getting the issue fixed by railsimulator.com. Unfortunatley, it dosent say how they fixed this issue. So, if anyone on here has any idea whats going on I would be most greatfull for your input.

regards Tom

2. pjduplooy.gis

pjduplooy.gis Member

Hi Tom

The SD70Pack01 is now in the Union Pacific SD70Ace Loco Add-On (https://store.steampowered.com/app/208362/Train_Simulator_Union_Pacific_SD70Ace_Loco_AddOn/)

The Pack02 and Pack 03 is now in Train Simulator: SD70 V2 Volume 2 Loco Add-On (https://store.steampowered.com/app/208365/Train_Simulator_SD70_V2_Volume_2_Loco_AddOn/)

You also get the CSX SD70MAC Add-on Livery (https://store.steampowered.com/app/256611/CSX_SD70MAC_Addon_Livery/) for which you need the SD70 V2 Volume2 Loco.

Hope this helps you in any way

3. nz_kiwi

nz_kiwi New Member

Hi,
    Thanks for your help:) I have got a feeling that my issue may be related more to Searchlight Simulations MLWAudio - 16N-710G3B - Sound Enhancement pack?? When the sound pack installs it creates some repaints in the SD70Pack03 SD70MAC folder. The default folder is the standard one (that BNSF Mac shows up in the game) but I now have an Executive Patch, H2 & an H3 folder. It is these ones that are showing in name only. This would suggest (maybe?) that something needs to be copied over to these folders to make them work, although, I have read the manual for the sound pack and I cannot find anything that would suggest i need to copy files over. Hmmm! , might have to talk to Searchlight simulations and see what they say about it.
    regards Tom

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Dovetail Games is the trading name of RailSimulator.com

Remove the Audio pack then get the SD70 installed and try the locos in Free Roam or Quick drive
    Once you know they work you can re-apply the audio pack.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  5. nz_kiwi

nz_kiwi New Member

Finally sorted it out. I copied over this file to each engine folder: SD70_Mac01.GeoPcDx and also copied over the cabview and the lights folders from the default loco to each one. Not sure why these wer'nt copied over with the sound enhancement install? Anyway, working now.:)