Cmputer Vs Play Stationb 4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by aglomarsale, Jun 18, 2021.

1. aglomarsale

aglomarsale Well-Known Member

I tried playing TSW on PC and PS4, I noticed that the PS4 was a downgrade compared to the PC. The PC edition is quite better, but I have a question. Are the graphics same in the PS5 compared to the PS4?? If not, will rush hour change that??

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Currently the PS5 runs the PS4 version of the game in backwards compatibility mode as there isn't a dedicated PS5 version yet (supposedly coming with the summer update and rush hour).
    There's a small improvement in graphics thanks to the PS5 auto HDR and it does run a bit smoother but other than that, it's the same as PS4.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

This couldn't be more wrong OP, ignore it. The game runs at constant silky 60fps on ps5 and on a 4k display the graphics are light years ahead of ps4. Even the draw distance is leaps ahead and the track and sleepers render in far quicker. There are also more passengers. It's worth buying a ps5 just for the upgrade, the dedicated ps5 version coming soon will further improve things.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  4. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You say more passengers yet that just isn't true.
    I ran several services on different lines yesterday (including SEHS) and there were a total of 5 passengers max on the platforms.
    Draw distance and scenery pop in are still issues on the 5, even on max settings.

Yes, there's 4K but my PS4 pro ran the game in 4K HDR also.
    As I did say it runs smoother than on the PS4, even running from an external HDD.

It is worth getting a PS5 when they are available and the dedicated PS5 version comes out but atm the game is still a PS4 game.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  5. DXR8002

It runs at constant 60fps. Stop lying.
    I have compared the 2 versions. On scenarios on ps4 there are empty carriages with no passengers whatsover, on ps5 there are heaps of peds. There have been multiple threads here asking why there are no peds on ps4 scenarios, search for them.
    It outputs at 4k. The draw distance is VASTLY improved.

Maybe try Specsavers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. box215

box215 Active Member

What youre saying makes no sense
    Youre playing a PS4 game on a PS5
    The only bump you get is in frame rate and loading times due to the extra power
    But the game isn't populating stations with more passengers the draw distance isn't improved at all because, again, this is a PS4 game designed for PS4 resources
    Maybe you just sold yourself that because you love your PS5 so much

and the snarky comment about needing glasses is really unnecessary

edit: you really think it runs at 60 fps constantly on PS5? load up Peninsula Corridor at San Francisco with the station full of trains and watch your frames DROP

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  7. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

How can a PS5 suddenly pop up more passengers when the game is actually coded for PS4? Answer it can’t! Logical innit

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It is possible for a piece of software to read what hardware is available and turn on different options. Whether the passenger system in TSW does that isn’t clear but it could do if it was coded that way. The game engine does a lot of that work automatically. There’s a fair bit of stuff included in the PS4 versions of TSW that is just disabled for the PS4. If the game engine is doing that then it is entirely possible that it recognises that the hardware is capable of allowing them to be switched on again. 4K support is one such option that is possible if the hardware supports it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

However, it is a fine line with regard to violating Sony's standard developer agreement (and, in some countries, consumer law): It's all right for software to use more intensive or detailed graphics running on PS5, but it can't include more gameplay elements. Passenger density still I think qualifies as "improved graphics," but it's getting close to the line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s right but the post I was replying to was saying it wasn’t even possible in the code.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. solicitr

Certainly it's possible; it's just an engine variable, which on PC one can tweak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

If that is indeed the case why would they?

PS5 comes out so DTG would want people to re purchase the core base game as a PS5 version wouldn’t they?

13. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

We don't know exactly how the upgrades will work for the different platforms, but it will certainly not require anyone to repurchase any content that they already own, unless they were to switch from one platform to another. And PS4 is essentially the same platform as PS5. I'm pretty sure about that.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  14. Gav

Gav Active Member

There is NOT more passengers on PS5 than PS4, this is fake news and totally made up

I have both a PS4 and PS5, and there is no difference at all except the loading is a little quicker on PS5, the graphics are very similar but slightly crisper on PS5 but not by much

• Like Like x 1
  15. DXR8002

Wrong. If you cant see the massive difference in frame rate I don't know what to tell you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. brian#4108

brian#4108 New Member

Hi ALL,
    I chose a Consel ( PS4 ) when I decide to get back into he sim again as opposed to a PC because of all the updates and problems I have had with windows updates and drives in the past, I was lucky enough to be offered a PS5 consel recently and the difference is faster frame rate, slightly crisper and brighter colors and a much smother game play.

17. Gav

Gav Active Member

Fake news I'm afraid, there are no more passengers on the PS5 version vs the PS4 version. I think you are getting the PC confused with the PS5 version lol

18. DXR8002

You ignored what I said , are you telling me there is no difference in framerate?
    Edited by DTG Natster - Removed inappropriate language.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2021
  19. solicitr

Dial it back, dude.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2021
  20. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

paulmurphy_88 I have edited your post to remove inappropriate language directed towards another user. You are allowed to express your opinions, but you are not allowed to throw insults at other users on the forums.

Please update yourself on the rules before posting again.
    Any future comments like that will result in your full post being deleted and you risk being removed from the forums.

• Like Like x 1