Mastery Challenges

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by col2008, Jun 23, 2021.

1. col2008

col2008 New Member

When the Simulation is loading up there is a screen comes up called Mastery Challenges. I am up to level 26 in the game and wondering how far do you have to go to be able to try one of these out or are they a paid item.

2. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

You can always do them as long as you are in the game. Just remember sometimes it will take a while to record your progress.

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot that you will have to log in. It is only active when you have logged into Dovetail Live.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

(I think) you need to be logged into Dovetail Live to progress them. But don't get too excited, mastery is quite easy and straightforward system. Each route contains 4 tasks along the lines of "Complete 3 services", "Drive XX kilometers" or "Reach X km/h speed" that will unlock some decals for the Livery designer and a scenery detail for a given route, like a winter market.

This article will give you some ideas as to what to expect.
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw2-mastery-update

4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Nice little touch but rewards are small. The music festival on on gwr is nice to fly your button 8 camera over near Reading and the big wheel looks cool on Hamburg lubeck rest are just markets (and ufo) and a tent.
    I’m not sure about main spessart, LIRR and a couple of others, these are just ones I’ve seen or unlocked.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I miss TSW2020's dioramas. A more worthwhile reward, IMO.

• Like Like x 4
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Would be nice if they were removed from that pop up screen once you have completed them for a certain route. Otherwise I imagine the list will become extensive soon.

• Like Like x 2
  7. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

And if they would only show the routes you own

• Like Like x 1
  8. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

Once you have unlocked the scenery part of the Mastery, how do you locate them, the only once so far that I was able to see is the one on Glasgow (after someone, I think it was Paul, told me where, and he was right at night easy to spot), and the wheel on Hamburg.

Well all of the others except for the camping area in the USA, I have unlocked, but I can not see any of them :-(

• Like Like x 1
  9. col2008

col2008 New Member

I must be doing something wrong because i am at level 27 and i have logged into Dovetail and the Mastery Challenges page shows up but i cant seem to be able to load any of them and use them. Any help would be great.

10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

music festival on great western is right on edge of map near reading train station going away from Paddington

11. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

From Reading you can only go to Paddington, 70 away

12. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

You don't have to select or load anything. Just read what it says, start the corresponding route and complete the described task. Mastery works in the background and records your progress and unlocks the rewards automatically.
    You just need to be logged into Dovetail Live.

13. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I am logged into Dovetail live and from the start I have never had any results.
    I got bored of it all along.