Rush Hour For Consoles

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by junior hornet, Jun 11, 2021.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I was a bit worried about something Matt said in Thursday’s live stream when talking about passengers on platforms. He said that the maximum number on consoles is restricted to 20 because of performance issues whereas up to 100 can be present on PC.

This begs the question of how this will affect Rush Hour. If we have 20 now, will Rush Hour look or play any different on console when driving at busy times of day? It is easy to vary it sufficiently on PC with the greater number of passengers to play with but a maximum of 20 on consoles is not exactly going to result in crammed trains and platforms in the Rush Hour routes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

How will rush hour traffic work on consoles overall? I'm afraid something similar to DLC HMA will happen. If there were any big restrictions, I would definitely not buy rush hour traffic. I'll wait until I get a new generation of consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

But the newest generation literally came last year

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The summer update to 4.26 means that UE will be able to determine whether it's a PS4, PS4pro or PS5 being used, so DTG could teak per platform. I would assume that Matt was talking about "base console performance" when answering

5. Richard CZE

Yes, a new generation has already come out. But I'm still waiting for her. I wanted to buy a new console, but availability is, according to my estimate, next year. And I'm not sure about that estimate.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I wonder if it won’t increase the number above 20, but will change how/where the passengers spawn, right now the current system is only just spawning passengers as you approach the station, and the spawn point isn’t always close, so you don’t always get the 20 passengers anyway.

Maybe for rush hour they’ll change the time/distance parameters for passengers, as opposed to a flat increase to the spawn limit.

7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

PS5 and Xbox Series X get the Same version as the PC get like Draw Distance Texture loading and Passengers probably

• Like Like x 3
  8. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

I still can't help but feel like original XBox One/One S/One X and PS4/Pro are on borrowed time now. We maybe get another year, maybe 2 of support and then get left behind when the next version/upgrade comes out. Is it going to be possible to recreate steam locos and all the demands on the Unreal engine on XBox one, when sometimes they can barely handle a DMU or EMU if there's too much happening on the line?

• Like Like x 2
  9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The old console build is terrible on Xbox Series X with many Micro Shutter and frozen gameplay few seconds, or the horrible Draw Distance.
    It load always just for the Train first like Track or Overhead Mast.

• Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about layers on HMA for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S

11. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They don’t say anything about it sadly.
    Dtg should leave the old console generation in 1-2 years because it hold back the progress to the new Consoles and PC

• Like Like x 2
  12. Richard CZE

There is a simple answer to that. There are still few owners of new generation consoles. This is due to the great unavailability of these consoles. If they stopped supporting older consoles, sales would fall. Smaller sales would make DLC more expensive. I'm glad DTG is working on optimizing the game.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

$$$$$$&

14. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I was afraid that they are going to announce that when Rush Hour releases there are going to be a bunch of enhancements that the last generation consoles are not going to have added.

Hence why they are releasing an Xbox Series X/S and Playstation 5 specific versions. The new consoles and PC will get 100% of the new features but the older probably only 75% and I bet that is pretty much the UE upgrade and the routes. But I doubt they will get the increase in traffic or passengers.

So I spent my tax return on a Series X. Only took a month to find one though.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Yup got myself a PS5 and can't wait for this update.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

I got tipped off for mine, and ordered it from Microsoft Canada. Used my credit card.

• Like Like x 1
  17. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I kind of get the feeling that the 20 barrier will be removed on the Next Gen Optimised version. It's seeming like that will just become on par with PC.
    As for last gen I'd imagine they bump it up a bit considering that it's a main part of R:H and thus you'd think so.
    However, there are people calling for DTG to abandon Last-Gen.
    I don't think they will for a year or two. Why? Well not many people have Next Gen yet, it'd be silly to abandon last gen now.

• Like Like x 2
  18. KamoJibber

KamoJibber New Member

I'm not holding out much hope for improvements on the console front, but one would hope they would be working to implement console-specific tailoring to improve performance. Then again, the initial release does specifically mention the upgrades will only apply to PS5 and Xbox X series, so if you dont have one of those you are S.O.L for performance upgrades I suppose.

19. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

That is exactly what I was fearing. They'll tell us all these great new features but then after say unfortunately Xbox One and PS4 won't support all of the features.

Right now I know that the consoles settings are set at Low setting if you were were to compare to PC settings. But the new consoles I'm sure they can boost that to High if not Ultra. So we should see some improvements for the Series X.

I give it 2 more years and then support for Xbox One and PS 4 will start to go the way of the floppy disc.

But it's all speculation until we get some official news and not just vague details. Looking forward to seeing some Rush Hour streams.

• Like Like x 1