Bakerloo Lights.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimplayer, Jun 25, 2021.

1. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Has anyone else experienced this on Bakerloo Line? In the tunnels, the lights lose any effect on the train.
    The lights are strangely still on but they have no effect.

This was (obviously) not a service driven by me instead I spawned as passenger.
    However that (I wouldn't think) should make a difference.

Also, at another point, I also noticed the train clip through the wall at a tunnel.

09751c2e-8ba8-4ba0-ba8e-6f776656a91e.jpeg
    In this image you can see the lights on but the carriage pitch-black. However as you can see the next carriage still has lighting.
    c9be813f-e2c9-4c04-a245-f86c0abc1473.jpeg
    Then a few seconds later the next carriage lost lighting.
    da2ec770-8d93-49a4-afa1-531dbdfac641.jpeg
    And then I got my lighting back but the next carriage was out.

As for the Clipping through the train (with the tunnel) I haven't managed to capture it however it was just a black texture running through the doors and side-frame of the train for a couple of seconds.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

I think I've seen this on another route, I just can't remember which one. Mabey bring this up in the technical reports forum.

3. trainsimplayer

Yeah I was going to post it over there I was just wanting to see if this was a one-off thing or if anyone else had seen it so I could work with that information.
    However considering you say you've seen it I'll go with a "yes it has happened".

• Like Like x 1
  4. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

This does happen, frequently in-game, however this would be deliberate because when travelling on the Bakerloo line the lights did tend to flicker over points are around tight corners. Only a few lights should flicker rather than all of them. DTG have tried to implement this, just not very well. The 72 stock did recently undergo a refurbishment which I believe stops lights from flickering over junctions and bends

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainsimplayer

This does seem to make sense, but I doubt the entire train or carriages are plunged into darkness? And if Wolfovizer is right about it being other routes I'd imagine there is an issue at play here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Yep, I do believe this is indeed intentional, though to be fair the lights themselves should be turning off as well. This is one of those things you might notice if you've ever ridden a subway in real life, sometimes the car will lose power as it goes over a junction or a gap in the third rail.
    This happens a few times along the Bakerloo Line and was a rather nice little touch they did, albeit the lights still being lit.

Having gaps in the third rail does occur in other routes, namely the Long Island Railroad, Southeastern Highspeed (I believe), and East Coastway too. In these instances, if you listen closely sometimes you can hear the HVAC losing power and then spooling back up again, or in the case of the M7 railcars, you might lose traction entirely along the whole length of the train (however this is a bug that was supposedly addressed, but it still happens in-game).

7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Same thread already open in technical reports