Sounds On Cane Creek Are Disappointing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CrazyDash, Jun 25, 2021.

1. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Cane Creek has been my most anticipated route for TSW2 ever since it was announced on the roadmap. The route looks fantastic! Easily the best looking route in TSW for sure. However, I speak for many people saying that the sounds of the trains are not good. We all know they are just the sounds from Sand Patch Grade. When Clinchfield released, I was hoping for better sounds with the release of the F7 having fairly decent sounds. Then the preview stream comes around and the sounds for Cane Creek are a major let down for me and many people. DTG need to realize that sounds are a major part for us American railfans and simmers. Unlike other countries that rarely ever use their horn, American trains use their horns for various reasons. The horn is one of the most crucial sounds to get right for an American train. The sounds on this route are a major immersion killer. It really worries me how the sounds are gonna be on Boston-Providence after hearing the sounds for this. Now I do understand Amtrak and hopefully MBTA are a lot more co-operative to DTG than Union Pacific. I felt like Skyhook could have at least tried to find a way to get different horns. Matt explained in the Clinchfield streams that they would be able to use a new system to develop horns, where they get sound samples of all different horn chimes, and then put them together to get new horns. Why did it not apply to this route? I hate coming down on DTG like this, but sounds desperately need to be better for American routes. Peninsula Corridor and LIRR are the only American routes that have good sounds. The passenger trains on PC are fairly accurate, but the GP38 on the route also has bad sounds. All I'm trying to say is that DTG need to focus more on sounds for American content. It has never been a priority for DTG and it needs to be now. Cane Creek desperately needs new sounds. If you agree with me, please give this post a like so we can spread awareness of this issue.

• Like Like x 4
  2. GildenSpikeRailVideos

GildenSpikeRailVideos Member

I can definitely agree. I hope they are listening to us about sounds. They are as important as the engine itself. At this point, I bet there are plenty of people willing to help out with sounds.

3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

DTG didn't make this.

4. GildenSpikeRailVideos

GildenSpikeRailVideos Member

Yeah, but it’s still their sounds.