Cane Creek Stream Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sheldon1000, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

What was the views of those who watched the stream tonight on how it looked? For me it looked poor. It's definite no for me. It looked empty and slow and the FPS was terrible for PS4 Pro. Although I have a PS5. All my opinion though. Curious what others thought?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Agree. Gameplay is just not there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Very hard route to make look exciting and interesting, unfortunately it looks neither, strange choice really, too much reliance on scenery as a selling point and that could possibly backfire, this one stream was enough for me to make a no decision, it just looked tedious, sorry for the blunt but honest opinion

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I‘m somewhat baffled by the number of people criticizing the route for being a slow 25mph slog through the desert with little traffic. I“m not trying to offend anyone, but what else did you expect from a North American branch line in the desert? Skyhook just recreated reality on this part, I like it :)

As for the things mentioned here - I agree that the pop-in is really bad, but on the other hand, it‘s a core issue for us on consoles. I remember MSB having some horrible pop-in roads as well. Personally, if this was a deal breaker for me, I wouldn‘t be buying any new routes period.

The track-side scenery is also disappointing. This weird ballast-coloured ground texture next to the track is a poor recreation of what the real thing looks like. This is especially disappointing when looking at the rocks (especially the distant ones) and the distant mountains - both of which look excellent to my mind.

Slow, North American freight isn’t everyone‘s cup of tea, but I like it. The issues seen on stream were not enough to dissuade me from getting it most likely on day 1.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

it was too boring for me there seems not much to do except go from A to B. the scenery was good if thats there main selling point.
    i have a PS 5. but i dont think i will be buying this, the same as Arosa ill probably buy it in a sales when the price is about £5-10 the same as Arosa
    i think Sand Patch is much better and more interesting

• Like Like x 1
  6. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

The first preview stream I’ve turned off midway through unfortunately. To me it looks the poor relation of both SPG and Clinchfield and doesn’t have the rolling stock of the former or the technical gameplay of the latter….. will wait for a future sale and purchase of a PS5 for this one

• Like Like x 1
  7. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

The slow speed doesn't bother me. Neither does the scenery. But I'll hold off until a sale because of the complications like Clinchfield. I do intend to get it at some point, though.

8. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I feel like American freight routes are a "love 'em or hate 'em" kind of deal. If you like American freight, you'll really like driving slow and heavy freight trains. If you prefer fast-paced passenger routes, you'll probably really hate how slow and heavy freight trains are.

I personally love how Cane Creek looks, as Skyhook did a really good job on the distant desert scenery, and I really love the AC4400CW and SD40-2, they're great locomotives to drive. I don't think the route will be as fun as the Sand Patch Grade, but it's going to be a day one purchase for me, because I love freight trains, especially Union Pacific.

• Like Like x 3
  9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Last time I looked 39 - 50 fps on any TSW route on PS4 pro was in fact rather good. In fact the route was running pretty good on the PS4 gameplay and fps wise. There were however problems with the quality of the stream, not the gameplay. Also draw distance / pop up is a common thing on console for TSW. As well I think Matt also had Motion Blur on which looks terrible. Just my observations, whilst people were losing their minds over the horn sounds.

Personally I liked the route and look forward to running it in my streams.

Regards

Hentis

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  10. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

postponing the exit now, they may fix all the problems. let's be patient.

11. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

To me, the scenery seemed quite impressive on Matt's PS4. However, the stream showed that there will not be much variety in gameplay. I will probably not buy it right away, but rather maybe during a sale when it is discounted. The stream inspired me to play some other American diesel locos again, however...

12. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I think what could be putting people off here is the lack of gameplay. I think people were expecting more. But in honest there is maybe one or two trains a week down there and as far as I am aware no passing ai along the branch. Its mostly single track.

It looks stunning even on the PS4 pro and once I get my filthy little hands on it I will give it a whirl on the 4k TV to see what its like.

Regards
    Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  13. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I think you are right, it can just show us "Gamers" how boring driving trains can be in reality.

14. upqtrain

upqtrain New Member

Hey I am new here and to Trainsim World. I cant wait to get the Cane Creek dlc. Yes not all trips are full of set outs and pick ups, and there are times when you are bored. But the western territory shown reminds me of the route I used to run on. And big UP power and long trains are the reality of the Western USA.

• Like Like x 1
  15. haninl0610

haninl0610 Active Member

First of all, welcome to the forum:)!
    I also cannot wait to get Cane Creek! It has so nice and beautiful scenery, even on the PS4! But
    unfortunately, the loco's are direct copied from the Sand Patch Grade, but I can live with that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

you can have a slight approach to Cane Creek. if you have penninsula corridor they have crazy union pacific GS38.

• Like Like x 1
  17. upqtrain

upqtrain New Member

I just bought the penninsula corridor on sale . I will check out the GP38. I ran them quite often years ago.