Content Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by helderbrincolas, Jun 24, 2021.

1. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

So, in this Steam summer sale i am wondering expanding my TS collection.
    First: Is the TVG + extension worth it? I dont mind high speed and i would like to explore France!
    Second: Swiss routes recommendations, there are so many of them and mainly from Rivet, what are the ones that you could recommend me?
    Third: Your thoughts on the AP 315? I really enjoy the AP products and i find great that they sell this train with all their amazing features, because i find to expensive buying their enhancements...
    Fourth: By owning the Great railway brithish journeys can i buy the AP 315? Because in the pack the GEML is inclueded
    Thank you in advance!

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I look at routes that have "playability" where you can run different trains

[1] The TGV extension is ok if you like spending a couple of hours watching the scenery go by and Lyon station is ok but there is a lack of any other trains on the route - just the TGV Duplex and the TGV Reseau. Lyon station is just empty with out other trains and the freight yard south of Lyon is also empty.

[2] I like the Gotthardbahn because you can have a big variety of trains over the line - not just SBB but BLS, DB and FS trains run over the route along with private operators. The Lake Constance: Schaffhausen to Kreuzlingen route is just operated by the units included in the pack. The RhB routes are ok and very well detailed but there is not much variety.

[3] The AP 315 is a very good unit - this version on Steam is cheaper because it is only the 315 in two liveries so you can spend the same again on a third livery - that is halfway to the full Class 314/315 pack from AP https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com...it2/class_314-315_electric_multiple_unit_pack

Peter

3. helderbrincolas

Thank you very much for the help. If i buy the Great brithish railway journeys which includes the GEML, i can buy the AP 315 right?

4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think that you can because you already have the item, but I didn't try

5. helderbrincolas

By the way, what do you think of the "Wakayama & Sakurai Lines"?

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't have the route - It has 7 Scenarios - what do you do after that?
    There are some other Freeware Japanese routes but I don't know enough about the real trains

Peter

7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I was planning to get it in this sale, I remember Blacknred81 saying it was one of the best of Union Workshop routes. It has two EMUs and two different lines

8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

To give a quick sum of the route, it is by far my favorite of the 4 Japanese route in game.

You get 2 lines, 2 trains and some decent scenery.
    20210626_124317.jpg

The Scenerios are pretty straightforward, mostly A-B runs. Though 2 requires you to swap ends at Takada, and 1 requires you to set the rollboard and train number correctly before starting your service (The manual is recommended on this service so you know what to set it to)

Also I believe there are on board train announcements when leaving each station on the career Scenerios.

The operations of Kitaguchi Station are also pretty unique with its reverse siding.
    20210626_124334.jpg
    Screenshot_Wakayama-Sakurai Line_34.38405-135.71409_06-52-38.jpg

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Having run the 7 scenarios what else can you do on the route?

10. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Not much unfortunately, it's only a regional commuter line and there isn't any real yards or heavy traffic areas on it. Which pretty sums up much of the Japanese routes (A-B runs).

11. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Personally I would grab the Albula Line, it's a fantastic narrow gauge line, very scenic and unique. There's also quite a few addon locos for it, and there exists a good amount of workshop content, not just scenarios, but even mergers of the various routes.
    Yes, buying that gives you the TS addon versions of the routes alongside the GRBJ route, so it's effectively a big bundle of British routes and stock for TS.
    Worth noting there's quite a few workshop scenarios though, while obviously probably not gonna be massive variation you should still get a good couple of hours out of it.

12. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

I think the Bernina Pass is the best of the Swiss metre gauge routes. I think it's got the most varied scenery to drive through and handles autumn particularly well, probably the best in the game with the transition from green lowlands to snowy highlands. The high pass feels bleak and desolate at almost any time of the year and the drive up always feels like you really are climbing high and getting cold. The grades are also insane, pretty much at the limit of a conventional railway, though modern locos and controls make it fairly easy to drive. It's principle drawback is that while St Moritz is a logical end point, Poschiavo isn't really, although there is a second route to take the line all the way into Italy and Tirano.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. helderbrincolas

From what i have seen i liked the route and agree with you, but a run from A to B takes to much time like 1h30 i think... So, i´m going for the Bernina Line which is shorter and i can play services that are not that longer, but in the future i may buy the Bernina Pass!

14. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

I agree that Bernina (either line or pass) is a great route - if you’re looking for a train to go with it I would recommend the RhB enhancement pack 03 - the ABe 4/4 III. It’s a very unique train, like a cross between a loco and a railcar. It works as a railcar so can be used on its own on local passenger services but also as a loco and so can haul longer passenger and even freight services.