With Current Sale - What Route Is The Best To Get / More Scenarios / Value For Money

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buzzzlight, Jun 26, 2021.

1. buzzzlight

buzzzlight Member

With current sale - What route is the best to get / more scenarios / value for money?
    Pls help . Appreciate it

2. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

Depends what you're after really. I've had a look through some of the discounted items, and here are a few routes I would recommend that are both high quality but have a lot off in the sale.
    - Konstanz - Villingen. Always known for being one of the best routes in game, but needs relatively high-end PC to run it with a good frame rate.
    - CSX Hanover Sub. Fairly recent route, the route itself was well appreciated on arrival but the locos are lower-quality.
    - Lake Constance: Schaffhausen - Kreuzlingen. Great route in my opinion, but a bit overpriced. Now would be a good time to pick it up.
    - London Transport Heritage Collection. This may surprise a few people, since it has received its fair share of negative reviews, for reused stock and such. However, it is 70% off and so for £3.59 you get 1938 stock, a class 20 and a pannier (versions of these come with other routes or are sold separately - but it's good value if you don't have any of them) and what is in my opinion a wonderful little NSE themed route.
    - Gotthardbahn. Similar to Lake Constance, great route but a bit overpriced.
    - NJCL and Morristown lines. Both great routes with good distances, with a lot off in the sale.

3. buzzzlight

buzzzlight Member

4. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Assuming you don't already have it Sherman Hill's the best US route in this department in my mind for a few reasons. It comes with six locomotives, of which the SD60M, Gas Turbine & SW10 are locos that are only included on this route. None of the engines are amazing, but they're solid for the most part, in particular I've always really liked the Gas Turbine. Also the route has a bunch of scenarios, alongside the ones it lists on the product page there's a few extra for the SD60, and the Gas Turbine adds on a bunch to the route. Again none of them are amazing, but you'll get a few decent ones out of it. The route itself is also a pretty good, there's obviously more modern routes that look better, but it holds up much better than other routes of its age, like Donner & Marias Pass. And because it's such a old route it's very cheap, right now the route on its own is only seven dollars. There's also Battle for Sherman Hill, which contains the route, extra scenarios, plus a bunch of extra addon locos in one package, and currently goes a bit over double what Sherman Hill goes for. I would look at the contents of that, and if the stuff bundled with it interests you that's better way of getting it.

5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

If you're at all interested in British routes the Great British Railway Journeys collection is a pretty good buy at any time. I have three of the five routes included and they're good if not absolutely top drawer. It has been a tenner before and if I see it again at that price I'll probably get it for the last two routes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. buzzzlight

buzzzlight Member

7. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

And one thing I just noticed - Weardale and Teesdale Network has 75% off. It's a huge amalgamation of lines around Durham and Darlington in the 1960's - it's a one that is definitely worth full price, so now seems like a good time to pick it up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Seconded- my favourite route. Only seven scenarios as it comes but over 30* in the Workshop that don't require extra DLC some of which are excellent, most at least decent.

Edit: *I've just checked- it's around 50.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  9. buzzzlight

buzzzlight Member

thank you guys