Is Isle Of Wight A Good Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by arabmark07, Jun 27, 2021.

1. arabmark07

arabmark07 New Member

Hi guys,

I like the passenger lines not so much the freight ones. Is the Isle of Wight and San Francisco peninsula packs worth it

2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

The I.O.W. is one of my go too's if I want a nice relaxing half hour drive or two. Although I have S.F.P. I have not been on it a great deal. But when I have been on it I have enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

IOW is short and has its faults but personally I quite like it. As Lenwigg says, it’s good for a relaxing half hour or so.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

I enjoy IOW, it's really short though and definitely not worth full price in my opinion as it lacks any sort of variety, if you can pick it up for £10 to £12 in a sale then get it, if you're going to spend £25 you should go with a more substantial route.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

It’s a good route but I’ve quickly got bored with it. Only buy it if it’s cheap.

6. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I ended up loving it. Yes, it is short and repetitive, but it's my go-to DLC for Zen mode.

7. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes! It is still particularly demanding, but impressive! I think that the weather and the times of day also come into their own here. It's just fun to chop on the island with the tube stock. Also very easy to control. On the one hand, hardly any change, but also always new. It definitely has its place and I didn't want to miss it!

PC can't be compared with that, it's a grown-up thing. However, because of the lapping brake, the F40PH-2 cannot be braked easily without learning, but there is also the Baby Bullet as DLC here.

IOW is more for fun, but you also have it!
    PC demands more attention and is also recommended.

8. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Sure, it’s pricey but I have no regrets purchasing it. While the ocean looks terrible and you can’t even see the outline of Portsmouth, the countryside has been excellently modelled. The 483 is a nice train to drive, despite its bugs.

overall it’s a very nice route that provides a relaxing drive