The Catch Questions About The Game

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by tiger#2473, Jun 17, 2021.

1. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

1. Is there still support for this game? Is Boss Fish Friday still updated, and are the the boss fishing reports still updated? On Loch Mickle I know at least 6 people including myself that have caught the Highlander, but it still says that he has never been caught.

2. How to avoid nuisance species? On Pearl Lake I have been going for Mekong, specifically the bosses, but my bait is always taken by Siamese or Red Pacu. I have tried every time of day, and many different baits. My catch rate remains at about 50% Siamese, 20% Pacu, 20% other, and 10% Mekong. I have the same problem on other venues with other species.

2. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

Sorry I did not post this in the correct section, if the mods could move it to The Catch for Xbox, that would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

3. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Hello,
    The game is dead. They (DTG/Fishing) release a game, grab as much money as they can with DLCs they stop everything and release a "new" fishing game. Life expectancy of their products is very short, don't expect any support for more than 6-12 months.

4. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I see that Boss Fish Friday was updated, so that is good. The boss fishing reports have not been updated.

5. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I am trying to catch all of the boss fish on Pearl Lake. Does anyone have bait or time of day suggestions that would increase catch rates of Mekong, Bighead, or Golden Carp? I mainly find Pacu and Siamese Carp.
    Thanks

6. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Arapaima - Swimbaits 5" - Crappie I find the best or large deadbaits, occasionally they turn up on boilies. Left hand side of the lake and middle section. Seems to be the best for Bosses, Sunrise or morning.

Juliens and Bighead - Sweetcorn or Milky Toffee or similar medium sweet boilies - Right hand side of the lake best success. Size 4 hooks for the Juliens seems to work better than size 2. Just before dark, night and Sunrise. Extra tip, using a Pike float setup fairly shallow with sweetcorn gets bites. Good spot is around the rocks under the large bridge to the right in the centre of the venue or walk along that bank right (to the right side of the venue) until you cant walk any further and fish along the bank at that point. Had one Boss Juliens fishing the jetty at night on the furthest right part of the venue, close in (10 yards -15 yards off the end in that area)

Siam Carp - Frenzied Hemp (Caught one boss on this) or large fish based boilies seem to work best, although most baits work for Siam Carp and times of day but night and sunrise again is where I have had the best success. Caught them all over the venue, Bigtimer ( I think thats its name) far right between the Jetty and the bank line leading to the waterfall at night on Frenzied Hemp.

Redtail and Wolf Fish - Dead baits or meat based. Fish heads for the Wolf Fish and larger for the Redtail in my experience. Night for the Wolf Fish using fish head under a pike float fairly shallow worth a try. Size 2 hooks across the board. Have caught Wolf Fish on smaller cranks and spinners. Middle part of the venue or right (waterfall side) I had the most success.

Mekong - Large hooks and big Boilies such as Big Red. Fishing the margins or shallower parts actually seems to work better than the deeper central areas. Especially the South bank on the left side of the lake. Night and Sunrise

Pacu and Peacock Bass - Pacu will take pretty much anything from small lures, boilies and natural baits. Peacock Bass small spinners rather than the large swimbaits - I don't really fish for either of these, in fact I wish I could avoid the Pacu completely!

Above is just what I have found and what has worked for me. Sure there are plenty of other tips and suggestions that work.

Hope it help either way!

• Like Like x 2
  7. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

Thanks Chizzckh, that is some great information. I will give it a try. What size of sweetcorn are you using for the Julien? They seem to be the ones I am having the most trouble with.

8. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

Some of my observations after trying this for a while. I have been using large savory bollies with a #2 hook. I have caught all of the arapaima, siamese carp, and pacu. Switched to large sweet boilies and I have caught arapaima twice, Frank the bighead, and a mekong. These were all at sunset or night while fishing in the shallows near shore on the right side of the map. I'm still looking for the other bighead, Titan, and the two Julien Carp.

9. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Large Single or double. Size 4, find I get little to no Julien with 2. As mentioned, caught the smaller of the two boss ones night time, waterfall side on the jetty swim. At the end of the Jetty, turn 90 degrees right and cast between the very close bank and where you stand. That was on Boile, sweet one. Top of my head milky toffee.

Havent caught the larger of the two but have spotted it several times. Go to the swim closest to the bridge and rocky area and walk right towards the waterfall as far as you can go along that bank line. When you cant go any further, that area close in. 5-7 yards out. Evening time.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

20210624_124714.jpg

11. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

12. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

13. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I have now caught Clary twice. Both times with a #2 hook and the Marine Halibut and Catfish Pellet. The Julien Golden carp seem to eat that much more often than a boilie off of a #2 hook. The first time was at sunrise at the rocks next to the bridge, and the second was at night far right of the bridge towards the waterfall.
    I am still using #2 hook because I still need one of the Mekong, when I catch him I will switch to the smaller hook as you suggest. I have mostly been using the Monster Tiger Nut boilie as it seems to catch about everything.
    I am still looking for Nancy Jo the golden carp, and Titan the Mekong.

14. markiemark#7585

markiemark#7585 New Member

Don't know if you have had Nancy Jo out yet, I had her couple day's ago at 65lb 1oz with a size 6 hook & Marine Halibut pellets to the left of the bridge over towards the couple of rocks on far side at night..
    Just thought I'd give you the heads up...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

20210625_172834.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Been experimenting a lot with different Boilies. Big Red seems to get bites off everything. Essential Cell, has a better hit rate it seems for the Rednal.

Cant find a bait other than Big Red that has the most hits from Mekong but still fairly low catch rates. That maybe just down to numbers of each species in the water partly though. Still fishing more the right side and central parts of the map. Pacu seem a little less frequent, especially at night.

Seen some big Mekong swimming around the edges of the right side but generally the carp or pacu get to the bait first.!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Had Clary, my first boss fish I'd caught on this venue.

Mekong and the other Julien an issue.

18. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

20210626_102017.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I caught Nancy Jo, the golden last night on the Marine Halibut and Catfish pellet and a #2 hook. Saw her again but could not get her to bite on a boilie. It seems that is the only bait I can catch the boss Juliens golden carp on with a #2 hook.
    I did not even see a boss Mekong yesterday. They were the only boss fish that I did not see or catch. I am now 24 out of 25 boss fish. Still looking for Titan the Mekong.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I think Titan is the one that most people find the hardest to catch....! Haven't got any of the Pacu or Peacock Bass Boss, as I don't fish for them. Generally when I hook a Pacu, I let them snap off as the fights take way too long and the constant peaking of the drag system for such a small fish drives me mad...!

• Like Like x 1
  21. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

Hooray, I finally caught Titan last night using a Monster Tiger Nut at night. I saw him swimming right by the bank and threw it right to him. He is an impressive fish coming in, looks like a whale.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

After saying I don't try to catch Pacu. This turned up earlier . How you doing with the other venues ? 20210627_133353.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  23. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

Final stats at Pearl Lake. 86 hours fishing. 47 boss fish caught.
    Here is how I did it. I fished almost exclusively on the right side of the lake. My spots were on the dock, the far right of the bridge near the bank, and my best spot was just right of the bridge fishing near the rocks. This spot allowed you to see a lot of boss fish as they swam by and I would throw my bait right at them. Unless noted otherwise I used the heaviest line with a #2 hook.

Arapaima: Total caught 9. Mostly used boilies Monster Tiger Nut and Source. They frequently come right next to shore and I would throw all around them. Caught sunrise, morning, and night.

Julien: Total caught 3. Used Marine Halibut and Catfish Pellets. Caught near shore sunrise and night.

Bighead: Total caught 4. Used large boilies. Caught near shore sunrise and morning.

Siamese: Total caught 5. Large boilies. Caught a little further out, but not long distance. You can easily tell the difference in the size of the fish. Caught morning, sunrise and night.

Red and Black Pacu: Total caught 9. I did not even try for these I caught all of them while going for other species. I think I caught all of them on large boilies, may have had one on the marine halibut and catfish pellet. They look much larger than other pacu, and some have a white or kind of orange color. They also fight more like the siamese carp and can be brought in with a higher drag setting.

Peacock Bass: Total caught 2. Caught one with a topwater, and the other with a sinking lure. Caught near shore at sunrise. They can be seen near the bank at many times of day.

Giant Wolf: Total caught 4. Caught using large deadbait. I was casting to the deep hole near the waterfall, 14-15 ft depth. You will need a pole that will cast at least 100 yards. I did catch one near the bank on a topwater while going for Peacock Bass. Caught sunrise and morning. Later I frequently saw them near shore many times of day.

Redtail: Total caught 7. Used large deadbait, and caught in the same hole near the waterfall as the Giant Wolf. Caught at morning.

Mekong: Total caught 4. These were my nemesis as they took me the longest time to catch. I used large boilies, Monster Tiger Nut and Source. Caught near shore at sunrise and night. My best luck came when I would see one of these whales swim next to shore, and then try to throw right at him.

Good Luck to everyone who is trying this.

• Like Like x 3
  24. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I have spent very little time on the other venues. I would like to catch a few more boss fish, but I do not think I have the time or energy to complete any more of the venues. My only other boss fish is the Highlander on Loch Mickle. I will at least do the Xbox achievements for the carp on Oxlese, and the Catfish on Rotterdam. So if you have any good setups for those I would appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I think I am about 45hrs on Pearl Lake. I spent a huge amount of time on the Ebro when I first got the game, more 80 - 90 hrs plus to try and land one of the boss Catfish mainly. Unfortunately even now, with the tips given out over this forum, I've still had no luck. I have some very good tactics and places to catch Wels generally and my biggest is late 180lbs from memory which I am told by the developers is about as big as they get before being an actual Boss fish. But I want the biggest which is 250lb I think... The Ebro is extremely difficult to catch Boss fish on generally, such a vast size and the fish can only be caught in specific locations, unlike Pearl lake where they move around and can be caught in theory across all the lake with the right times and setup. The boss I have on the Ebro are two of the three Barbel, one through using tips on here and then applied the same tactic in a different part and caught another.

The rest, Rotterdam I don't fish and its far too buggy and I get fed up keep getting snapped of behind boats etc. Think I have one boss though which is the Eel when I did try for a while and almost certainly have hooked one of the Boss large Pike or Catfish but bugs got the better of me. All the other venues I have a few Boss fish I think bar Loch Mickie, I keep hooking one of the Boss pike but through a constant annoying bug it runs 220yds eventually and snaps off and I can't do anything to stop it. Jeziro, I have 6 or 7 Boss but again it has its bugs, especially with Pike and getting snapped off behind the islands with no chance of stopping it happening.

I guess my ultimate goal is the Boss Wels on the Ebro....! Happy to offer any advice I might have for any of the other venues should you give them a go, especially Jeziro and Ebro which are venues I have tackled a lot,,,

But will crack on with Pearl Lake more to see if I can bag some more bosses!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  26. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I have spent close to 30 hours on the Ebro, and have decent luck pulling in Wells. My biggest is about 165. One of my friends actually caught the Bull after spending a whole 30 minutes on the river. I will ask him, but I think he was on the dock when he caught him. My luck catching Wells at Rotterdam is 0.
    Last night I tried catching carp at Oxlease, and I was catching 5 fish an hour. I tried switching poles, lines, hooks, and baits with no success. I just kept watching fish swim by with nothing biting. Do you have any good setups or tactics for carp there? I don't want to spend 40+ hours to catch 200 fish.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Always the way, beginners luck. I have spent countless hours using the right bait everyone has caught the Bull on, right time and right place. Nothing and then I see people say they tried it for the first time and caught it literally second cast :). I have tried for one of the other Boss Wels from tips given out by Dovetail themselves in terms of bait, time and area. All I caught was countless channel cats which are my Pacu of the Ebro!.

Not done a major amount of fishing at Oxlease. Its arguably the hardest venue for catch rates, think its down to lower stock levels. Saying that I do have a couple of general tips that seemed to have worked. Its the kind of venue if you hit a hot spot or get a tactic right, catch rates do improve. Looking at the Map, the swims furthest top/left at the end of the venue which are pegs 38, 39 and 40 night time about 20 yards. I find it starts a little quiet but once you get some bait in the water it livens up. Other areas worth a try is peg 23 fishing 90 degrees left into the bay area (caught a boss tench here as well), 10 to 20 yards from the bank line night and sunrise, or the swims around 24, 26, 27 margins or short distance same times. Baits I find going to big a bait or hook really does keep the bites low. Try size 4 or 6, two tone plum and pineapple pop ups or bloodworm as well as more natural baits rather than big boilies. Tiger nuts, size 2 hook have lower bite rates but do work, so always worth having a few rods out with different hook sizes and baits to keep the catch rates up. Sunset is worth trying but I have found morning or afternoon is really hard work.

Rotterdam, try these two places short to medium distance, night and sunrise. Essential Cell, Hotfish or large deadbaits. Had Wels in both swims. 20210629_124648.jpg 20210629_124756.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  28. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I have now spent some time on Oxlease, and now realise it is more about the bite rate than me doing something wrong. I have gotten my catch rate a little higher, but it is very frustrating watching fish swim over your baits for 10 minutes and not getting a bite. I have been using size 2 and 4 hooks without a big difference it bites. Do you think that you have to use a 2 hook to catch a boss? I have caught about 150 carp and will continue to look for a boss as I catch the last 50. I did catch Kai, one of the common carp last night on #2 hook with a Scent of Heaven Boilie. Does depth matter? I found most of my catches in between 3-7 ft of water. When I was casting further out I felt like I was getting nothing. I also found some gravel bars in the lake, is it worth switching to a gravel hook and trying those areas, and same with weeds? I feel like this could have been an awesome carp venue, but the bite rate is just too low.

29. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I did have a short bash back at Oxlease and intend to give it more of a go over the next day or two.

This time I didn't settle too any particular spot, time, setup or bait for any prolonged period just to get a feel for what works and how well. Night time seems to be the most productive time so far, especially the top end of the lake. I kept plum and pineapple pop ups on Rod 1 all the time and rotated the other two rods with different things. Rod one still made up for probably 70% of all fish caught, another bait that worked pretty well was frenzied hemp and snail. My third rod even though I changed baits, I kept that with size 2. That rod had the least action by someway. I am aware from previous posts that size 2 and a large tiger nut is needed for one of the bigger boss carp, so that does work but 4 to 6 size hooks certainly improve bite rates.

As you said, there is often a lot of activity without the bites to go with it. Most of my bites were between 5 yards to 15 yards unless I fished a longer distance along a margin. Saying that the swim with the island in front of you at the lower and of the venue, I did find fishing level to the left hand side of the island, This brought fish of a bigger stamp and bites were OK. It does feel that bites come in waves, quite often I will get fairly quick bites on all rods for 2-3 casts and then it goes deadly quiet again for a while. Spodding and how much is probably something that needs to be changed up in comparison to the other venues - Something to experiment with.

Having played all the Dovetail fishing titles, the general rule I found is depth and distance doesn't equal lots of bites. Still feel this rule works similar with Oxlease. I have tried long distance fishing for a short while and had next to nothing. The weed spots seem more productive for the Tench than carp. Not found too much gravel, so been on the silt. Probably will expand on the scope of the area I am fishing.

Will keep trying things but I do think because of the bite rate in general, plus remembering that the fish size is far lower on average then other waters. Being realistic what is doing well and not doing well is probably a smaller gap between the both.

I think aesthetically its probably the nicest venue on the game. I will definitely need to put some more hours in though, as up to this point its my least fished venue just ahead of Rotterdam.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

So not a bad start. Morning, size 2 with cheese. Peg 13/14 opposite the island on the far side. 15 yards ish right side of the swim. 20210701_112101.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  31. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

20210701_113920.jpg Same swim and time. This time 10 yards straight out in front with size 4 and frenzied hemp & snails.

Extra note that the fishmeal spod and bag mix for the spod seems to work well as an attractor.

• Like Like x 1
  32. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

How do you post your photos in the forums?

33. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

Question for the mods. Is time of day catch rates consistent across venues? Example if sunrise is the best time to catch Wels on the Ebro, is it also the best time to catch them at Rotterdam? I read that bait values are the same across venues, but was curious about time of day.

• Like Like x 1
  34. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I moved around a lot, if I caught a few fish and the bites died I switched pegs. My most productive bait was Scent of Heaven. I had it on a size 2 and 4 hook at the same time, and I thought that the bite rate was the same. A medium pop up boilie seems to be the way to go. I caught both of my boss fish by fishing a far distance down the bank.

I have moved on to Rotterdam at the moment, though your pictures might make me come back to Oxlease some time in the future. At Rotterdam was fishing the swim in your second picture, but I was on the opposite side. I was trying to catch the 25 fish over 50 lbs. I caught a couple catfish, and actually had five pike over 50. I was using large deadbait, and caught both boss Zander last night. I will be fishing here for at least the next couple of days.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I use the share button on the PS4 that allows me to screenshot and send mainly, or sometimes just take a snap on the camera phone. Then just use the upload a file tab when replying or opening a new message.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Don't know if I can ever bring myself to play Rotterdam again.... Too many snap off points, bugs and also I am not sure if I can watch a fish swim 220 yards into the distance with no control over it another time. I generally switched to using boilies for the Cats on Rotterdam in the end, dead baits work of course but just got fed up of the long pike battles and yes the snap offs !!!!

I am going to continue with Oxlease for now. One thing that has become really obvious is the only way to keep the action going is fish it like you're match fishing. So soon as the bites drop off, change baits, hook size and even distances. I found yesterday that I would catch fish at 10 yards and then the bites would just die, by switching to 15 - 20 yards the bites continued and then adjust again as needed. Just seems with this venue it is the best way to go about it.

37. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Good question - DTG_Benjamin can you answer please?????

38. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I'm not sure why you seem to be having such issues catching Pike. Are you using the heaviest line? I caught two of the bosses yesterday, and they put up a good fight but I did not think that it was outrageous. I was able to turn them and keep them out of the boats, and they came in within a few minutes.

39. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I have taken screenshots on my Xbox, just not sure how to load them onto this site. I will try to investigate further.

40. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

804b39f0-3c87-45a9-9e58-6061bfe673b4.png b1be8681-0e63-4e85-ac42-ea72bfef39d2.png ede6886f-6c38-47d6-9712-79346facea31.png
    I think I figured it out.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Had many times with fish that on full drag peaking with the heaviest line on Rotterdam, Jeziro and Mickie and generally pike but not always. They just dont ever tire and keep going. Eventually 220 yards or similar scenario, the drag peaks and depletes within 2 seconds from full.

I've tried to land some of these going on 25 mins real time. A bit like when the net icon comes up for landing a fish and it swims 30 yards away suddenly when it was at the bank 2 yards away.

42. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I have not had this exact problem. I have had an issue where on Loch Mickle every Pike would make a small run and then the line would instantly snap. If I stayed it kept happening, by leaving the session and coming back it was resolved.

43. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I'm still looking for answers about my time of day questions. Is time of day consistent across venues? Are the same species active at the same times of day? On Rotterdam I seem to be catching Pike at all times of day. Is this because they are active all of the time, or is it just due to the sheer numbers in the venue.
    It would be very helpful if there was information on time of day in game. Could someone from DTG please answer.
    Thank You.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I do wonder if some of the bugs are format specific. Same with some of the tactics for boss fish. The developers have always maintained there isn't a difference but I've seen somethings that make me think otherwise. Maybe!. On FSW there was a boss cat that lots were catching it at a certain time in the same position but it never spawned for me at that time or place. Soon as I changed the time of day, I caught it.

• Like Like x 1
  45. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

I feel that there is not enough info on the different species. Specifically time of day and hook size for the different species. I caught this one last night, and am not sure if I had the right tactics or just got lucky.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  46. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

20210711_112720.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  47. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

6ea6bb8c-d72f-4f2f-a17a-097c210348ef.png

• Like Like x 2
  48. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

Do you think a boss catfish would take a #4 hook? Or should I stick to a #2?

49. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Think size 2 as a rule. Saying that I think (not 100% sure) I caught a boss cat on size four at Jeziro

50. tiger#2473

tiger#2473 Member

3cc9c461-e84f-440a-bcbc-a31bd23a496e.png 542b9cce-8799-4849-854f-5e0674af18b4.png

• Like Like x 2