Another Release Order Change Update.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Jun 17, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

If accurate acording to tsw2 wiki the rush hour dlc has moved up the list behind the cane creek dlc causing all the loco dlc's to get pushed back,I know they value route releases more then single loco dlc but by craming so many single loco dlc together,doesn't that just leave dtg with less exciting content to premote for the rest of the year with the exception of RG Cornwall route dlc which is very likely still far away.

• Like Like x 2
  2. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you but Sam has recently said all the TSG locos are 12+ months away.

Someone asked in the comments on the last Road map stream, and he replied in the comments "still 12+ months away" So perhaps next summer.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  3. SHINO BAZ

I hate to break this to you but not all the locos are being worked on by TSG.
    The Br Class 313(DTG)
    The DB BR 187(Skyhook)
    The Br Standard 1938 Tube Stock(RG)

As for TSG i really find it hard to believe it take him 12+months to finish another locomotive.He's clearly better then that.I suspect dtg is the more likely reason for a 12+month delay.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

See this:

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. bakedpotatos.jm

So as I said.... right from the man himself. As for the others I wasn't talking about them. But nothing will becoming until September at the earliest, loco wise. And I'm pretty sure DTG will be first. As Maik said 2 trains per year if all goes well and he made the 101. So there is 1. He is a busy guy with other projects too.

As Sam has said in many streams these locos should not have been put on the road map so soon. But they were eager and now they are only putting stuff of theirs on when it is at most 8 weeks out. And that has been since April.

As for Rivet I thought you gave up on them how long has it been since IOW.

Didn't you post on Rivets forum a few days ago that the 483 was RIP in your mind and you are using other stock now.

But you still trust them? I gave them a second chance with Arosa and they failed me again. At least DTG are quicker for updates on broken stuff in some instances. But of course definitely room for improvement though. And Skyhook gives out no information whatsoever so who knows if they have even really started the modelling yet, look how long Cane Creek has taken.

But after Cane Creek will be nothing until Rush Hour. What's the point they are going to have to re-bake everything for the 4.26 update so why do twice the work.

That might be why Skyhook is taking so long perhaps they are making both at the same time? But I won't be surprised when 2 weeks before release they tell us 3rd party routes we will have to wait for. It seems there is a little policy issue on who should be responsible for what lately.

And Wiki's can be edited pretty easily so never take them at 100%

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bakedpotatos.jm

7. SHINO BAZ

From what i have seen from dtg future release schedule for any tsw2 content isn't any more dependable them wiki information may or may not be.Rivets Games is still stalling on threre iow livery editor fix which isn't giving me any reason to give iow a 2nd look but the arosa line was better then i would have expected which shocked me.I think peoples main problem is that they hope new content will get better with each release and when it doesn't they don't learn anything.You have to hope for the best but if you don't get it,Then ask yourself are you really still shocked by this really?

• Like Like x 1
  8. bakedpotatos.jm

No I'm not shocked people just need to be patient. This is exactly why DTG don't give dates and why they shouldn't put stuff on the road map too early. And that is their fault, they have admitted that.

But looking at the schedule I figure we will get 1 more route from DTG before Xmas and probably will be freight, so no interest here. And the Penzance route probably before that. I will be waiting for feedback before I buy this one. But with the dynamic break issue on Arosa going downhill is just completely unplayable. And they don't seem to be in any hurry to fix it. So I'll wait until I see it and there are no major bugs. Minor OK.

As for the locos yes between Sep-Dec I think we will see 313, 1932 stock(before we get the fix for IOW Livery Editor or at the same time LOL.) And maybe Skyhooks 187. So thats only 3 locos and 2 routes in a 4 month period. That does not seem too unexciting to me. As Sam said they are going try and add to the road map closer to release dates from now on. So by Aug they will probably start rocking out another route.

Look at last year TSW2 had 3 new routes, came out late August and we still got IOW, HMA, and the LGV. Plus the 363. And didn't the SD40 come out too before the new year? And they didn't tell us about any of those until after the TSW 2 release. So I'm sure there will be exciting news still on the horizon we don't know about.

I'm just grateful I have a train simulator I can play on console. I can't afford a good gaming machine and with the Series X standalone I think it will be fantastic improvement and much closer to PC quality to the Xbox one.

And the fact we get so many routes even with the bugs is such a bonus. The last game I played that was anywhere close to this was the World of Subways series. And you only got one route per year. So I feel like a cat who ate a canary.

But don't worry there will be an update and DLC lull for now but it will pick right back up even if we have to wait till next year for some of these locos.

I just don't trust anything until a date is officially given in print. Anything else I can wait for and have no real expectations.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

We have had a fair amount of screenshots of the DB BR 420 , so I’d expect that to be around Christmas time this year

10. bakedpotatos.jm

As mentioned on the roadmap stream today, none of the TSG locos will be available before the New Year. 1:01 in Nat said it clear as day.

11. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

To confirm what's going on here, we get our information regarding releases via the internal teams at DTG. If what a third party thinks we've got our information wrong it's entirely possible we have but we can only go with what we're told directly.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

what a mess in here :) link

13. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Think this is a better way not sure tho upload_2021-6-29_23-11-46.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Lamplight

Seeing how long it took to even get the TSG DLCs on the roadmap when everyone on the forums already knew about them for weeks, I‘m not surprised that your internal 3rd party team seems to be out of date once more. Perhaps they should be encouraged to communicate a bit more with the 3rd parties they‘re responsible for?

Indeed:)

• Like Like x 2
  15. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

You Need to talk to Maik Goltz and not said always wrong words about his work :mad:

16. bakedpotatos.jm

Well now its the end of October still no G6 or 420 in sight.

Could it be Sam and Nat were right when they said not until the new year like they said about 5 months ago.

17. SHINO BAZ

TSG has to take some responsibility for his part of this he let dtg list 4 new dlc trains that he wanted to do,but vastly underestimated the time needed to do them.So far only one has made it to release with the other 3 waaaaayyyyy behind.He said he and one other person are doing these trains,In the future don't say something until you are sure you know your ready to do it first.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lamplight

He‘s only ever listed 3 DLCs - the 101 is a DTG product on which TSG worked as a 2nd party. How did he vastly underestimate the time TSG needs? He never gave a release date, at most he talked about months he was aiming for with no guarantees.

19. SHINO BAZ

I know he never guarantee anything but he shouldn't have listed so many furture dlc's at one time if he wasn't sure how long each one might take,because next on his list was the G6 shunter(Which i was looking forward to)(It's just a bummer it's now delayed)which should have been out before now.At least that's the way it was looking back in august.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. bakedpotatos.jm

Actually those pics of the 420 that we have seen go back to November of 2020 when I first saw a post with them. So its been over a year since they were announced.

But remember that was before DTG changed things up and now they don't put anything on the roadmap that is that far away. So we shouldn't have this issue going forward.

Maik seems like a perfectionist and I have been very pleased with his 2nd party products he has helped with DTG on.

Very excited for the 420 as I'm not really a freight fan. I'm sure his locos are going to be the best 3rd party DLC to date and will be well worth the wait.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SHINO BAZ

If i remember correctly TSG made the DB 101 and dtg made the 1st&2nd class IC coaches.I'm pretty sure the DB 101 was the reason people bought it,but the IC coaches where a nice extra..Even if TSG was working as 2nd party the DB 101 was just as much his work as the other 3 loco projects are as well.

22. Lamplight

Not exactly. DTG did the 3D models of the 101 and the IC coaches, TSG did the sounds, physics, and other technical setup for everything. It‘s fair to say that the 101 is a showcase of what TSG can deliver, but it still remains a DTG product (as Maik Goltz was eager to point out himself in another thread).

23. SHINO BAZ

So the G6,DB420&DB232 are going to be all TSG projects or is dtg going to assist him with them as well?

24. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to say this and please don't take it personally or as an offense, but it just plainly has to be said: this is utter nonsense. It was not a mistake to announce that they are working on these things, and neither are they delayed as you suggest. They just take the time they take, like everything else (including the 313). I would guess that Maik/TSG is busy in assisting DTG with their products, because that seems the only way to get decent German content, and will probably have in turn less time to work on their own stuff. And releasing rushed stuff is something nobody wants, and I am glad that TSG has said before that they will take their time to get it right, and it seems that is what they are doing. So please relax a bit, enjoy what you have, and look forward to an amazing product.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Lamplight

They‘re all TSG products, correct.

• Like Like x 1
  26. bakedpotatos.jm

Of course if he needs help and asks them the will help. When Maik helped out as a 2nd party I'm pretty sure he got paid.

As Maik said in a past thread he did work extra on the BR101. But as he also said that was his choice to work extra for free because he wasn't happy with the product.

So if you work as a 2nd party DTG pays you, but as a 3rd party developer you are making your money based of of the sales of your release so there is no set payout.

So since TSG is just Maik and 1 other person it would go without saying having a set pay to help when they can benefits them.

I'm sure though DTG is available to help when needed if they are stuck on anything and need support. Usually that is how it works between developers and 3rd parties.