Class 442 Image In Rush Hour Article

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jolojonasgames, Jun 30, 2021.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, a post on reddit showed a picture that was apparently included in todays Rush Hour article, before being quickly replaced. There hasn't been any mention of it on the forums, so I decided to share this here. As I haven't seen it myself, but only know about it via this reddit post, I'd like you to take this with a grain of salt.

[​IMG]

The image apparently briefly shown in todays Rush Hour article.

[​IMG]

The image usually used to promote Rush Hour, which has the Class 387 (which will come with the Rush Hour pack) instead of the 442

As you can see the image is a sketch of the image used to promote Rush Hour, however it includes the Class 442 (in a to me unkown livery, but it looks a lot like the Gatwick Express livery) instead of the Class 387.

[​IMG]
    The Gatwick Express livery that looks most like the livery pictured in the leaked image

This might mean DTG originally planned to include the 442 instead of the 387, and have either decided to scrap those plans entirely or release it later as DLC, that however is pure speculation. Perhaps licensing was an issue, source material was unavailable, or DTG decided not to make it for some other reason.

Onceagain, take this information with a grain of salt. I only got it from a secondary source, so I'm not sure how reliable it is.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Very very interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  3. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

that 442 is beyond cursed

• Like Like x 1
  4. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

Since the ACS-64 & BR442 are still their I think that that might have been the original cover photo for RH, which may have included the 442, before they changed it to the 387. It's either that or it is foreshadowing, but I highly doubt it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

My question is - why would DTG have that file kept even if it is true? That artwork was done by someone who is external to the company.

Also, that appears to be a 442 in the current Gatwick Express livery, which they never wore (why it looks absolutely cursed). It also appears to be much more roughly drawn and of a completely different art style to the other two trains. Given the backlash from DLGW and that was putting (mostly) correct traction in the correct livery, just out of era, I don't believe for a second DTG would consider doing a completely incorrect livery for a train.

It also doesn't look to me like the sketches he has posted on Twitter (see this https://twitter.com/TomTheDoodler/status/1359558705004560388 ).

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I spent a lot of time analysing the two DB units before I finally realised this thread is about the other BR 442!

Cheers

• Like Like x 5
  7. jolojonasgames

Yes, that could be a reason to doubt authenticity (though I still wouldn't get why the original reddit poster would put that much effort into faking it), it could also be a sign that DTG was already doubting the addition of the 442 when they commisioned the image, perhaps instructing the artist to only roughly sketch it, as it might have to be changed out.

8. haninl0610

haninl0610 Active Member

Natalie said this in the train sim discord about the class 442:

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. jolojonasgames

That at least confirms it's real :). However it does seem any plans for the 442 were axed a while ago.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Ooh an early mockup of a promotional image from before the trains were fully decided upon. Somebody’s clicked the wrong thumbnail and not checked the result.

• Like Like x 3
  11. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Pushed the wrong button to reveal rush hour in the first place, now wrong button pressed again, what next?

• Like Like x 4
  12. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Next they'll be pressing a wrong button to reveal RH actually does come with a 442 along with a 455 and it'll come with a secret new route and it'll make dinner for you.

• Like Like x 3
  13. jolojonasgames

Either their buttons are small, or DTG employees have big fingers :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There could be a sitcom set in the Dovetail Live office. It could be a reversal of The Good Life where two successful organic farmers give it all up to try their hand at working in technology with hilarious results.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Exactly, this looks like concept art for the actual RH promotional image.

16. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

It’s false, someone on Twitter did a computer drawing and instead of drawing the 387, drew the 442. The image is also inaccurate because the full front end is coloured in yellow, whereas irl it was half

• Like Like x 1
  17. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

It's WIP artwork that was uploaded by mistake, there is no 442 coming in Rush Hour or as a later DLC according to Nat.

Here's the original post.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  18. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I just want to double confirm that this image was posted in error. We will not be including the 442 with Rush Hour.

This is not a big secret where we are planning to reveal something special later, the image was an early concept for Rush Hour that accidentally got put on the socials yesterday.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1