Wcml South Class 66

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ron.vale, Jun 30, 2021.

1. ron.vale

ron.vale New Member

What is the correct sequence to get this moving? Tried every combo. all i get is plenty of Enginerevs but no amps.
    Is there a magic button somewhere? lol
    Any thoughts and sequences i should do
    TIA

2. gee

gee Member

Keep the key : (Key left of the @ sign) pressed down until the break is fully released.

3. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Put the reverser forward and the AWS will go off turn that off with the Q key release the brakes and you should be good to go once the signal has changed from red to yellow.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

To get any train to move check that the train brakes are released
    You need to be showing 5 Bar on the Class 66
    Put in to FWD then open the throttle to notch one or two until the train starts to move

5. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

Yes, the 66 has different brakes from a lot of conventional British trains in game, like steam locomotive brakes, so chances are the brakes wouldn't be fully released. Instead of applying a percentage of brake, and that's how much brake you have on, the more brake you apply the faster it will put on more brake. Unlike a lot of trains, such as all the others included with WCML South, the brakes are not by default in the release position, but in the running (or lap, or hold) position, which means it will hold the train brakes at however much you have put on. With the 66, the brakes will always return to the running position so you need to hold down release until all the brakes are off. The bars on the F4 hud show how much brake is applied. This is a similar braking system to some other British locos like the 68, and American ones like the ALP-45/6, and is similar the the brakes on steam locos and first gen DMUs.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Not quite - the Brake Handle returns to the Hold position when released - sometimes refereed to as a Lap position
    The Brakes Do Not return to running position.
    If you apply the brakes and release the handle it springs back to Hold but does not release the brakes

7. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing that out - that's what I meant, I was thinking about steam locos and got hold confused with running.

8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The key is watch what the gauges are doing, gauges are there to provide information they are not just for hardcore realists, understand them and use them.

Also my signature text is really applicable ;)