Rotterdam Metro Line E: The Hague Central To Slinge

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by haninl0610, Jun 30, 2021.

1. haninl0610

haninl0610 Active Member

Hello all!

Today I'm suggesting the E line of Rotterdam. This route is located in the Netherlands.

Some info about Line E
    The 27 kilometres long E line runs from The Hague Central to Slinge in Rotterdam and has 24 stations (line E shares 5 stations with the trams of HTM (the main operator of The Hague)). The operater of this line is RET, the main bus/tram/metro operator of Rotterdam. Line E is also part of the RandstadRail, which operates express trams in and outside The Hague. Line E isn't a very busy line, but it has a frequenty of 4-6 tph. (I'll go into that later on). This route also features dual-electrification: the part from The Hague Central to Melanchtonweg has overhead wires (in this part, line E is a fast tram service) and the part from Melanchtonweg to Slinge has third-rail (in this part, line E is a metro service).

Route:
    [​IMG]

Rolling stock on this route:
    The main metro type on this route is the RSG3, which operates all services of line E. The maximum speed of the RSG3 is 100 km/h (63 mph). This unit has a dual electrification system, so it is possible to operator on line E. There are 22 units active. Here are some pictures of the RSG3:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Platforms
    The part from The Hague to Forepark is interesting, because the are two platform heights on one track. The lower platforms are used by the lower height RandstadRail fast tram services (operated by HTM, main bus/tram operator in The Hague. The higher platforms are used by the RET Metros. Here is an example:

[​IMG]
    An HTM line 3 service from Loosduinen (in The Hague) to Zoetermeer (another city close to The Hague). Here you see the different platform heights. The HTM tram is stopping at the lower platform.

Potential DLCs:
    Unfortunately, there aren't potential DLCs, because this is the only train that operates here. It is very rare to see another metro type on this line.

Services:
    There are 2 service patterns:
    1st pattern: The Hague Central - Slinge (full line)
    2nd pattern: Pijnacker-Zuid - Slinge (6/10 of the full line and is only active during rush hour and night services)

Rush hour (normal day): 6 trains tph (two services are doing the 2nd pattern)
    Rush hour (holiday): 4 tph
    Before/after rush hour (normal day): 4-6 tph
    Before/after rush hour (holiday): 4 tph
    Evening: 4 tph
    Saturday: 4-6 tph
    Saturday (holiday): 4 tph
    Sunday: 4 tph

This was my first suggestion. What do you think about this route? Please give your feedback about it and how I can improve my suggestions.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

How much of this route is underground?

3. haninl0610

haninl0610 Active Member

Well, the underground section is incredibly short, for about 1/10 of the full route. Although it is short, line E is an official metro line in the Netherlands

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This should be the first Dutch metro route if made into TSW2. Does anyone know what train protection system is used here? My guess is LZB basically replicating Haputstrecke München Augsburg S-Bahn

5. haninl0610

haninl0610 Active Member

I have wanted to give you the details about what safety systems are used on this route, but I can't find any information about that. One thing I know is that this train has a system similar to Sifa (dodemanssysteem in Dutch)

• Like Like x 1