Which Route Is More Worth It/fun To Play?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by haninl0610, Jul 1, 2021.

?
  1. Hauptstrecke RheinRuhr + DB BR 101

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Glasgow Cathcart Circle Line

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. haninl0610

haninl0610 Active Member

Hi all!

I want to buy Hauptstrecke RheinRuhr, combined with the DB BR101, but is it worth it? I have seen many videos on YouTube, but I am not sure. I have all German routes, except HMA, HHL and ofcourse HRR. I want to say that I like commuter/regional with a portion of freight services.

My second choice is Glasgow Cathcart Circle and my third choice is Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck.

Thank you in advance!

2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Hm I have not played Cathcart but from what I hear it is quite good. You won't have freight there however.

HHL I skipped on so far because of the inaccuracies with the dosto wagons and even worse, the visual of the BR 112 which is just not right. Apart from that, I have heard it is a relaxing and beautiful looking route, which tickles lovers of RE services. The initial errors with the PZB magnets has been resolved as well.

I'd recommend HRR with the 101. In all fairness, the route itself is not very long unfortunately, but it is by far my most used route. The track layout is nice, many railroads next to each other, curves, bridges, short tunnels. Since you have the other dlc you will have very immeraive traffic, when doing some timetable runs it is very common to start with other trains exiting the station at the same time, and you have a RE/S Bahn race. There will be many trains passing you by each time. The timetable is actually that packed, that you will occasionally have yellow and red signals, so you need to watch out for them especially on faster trains.

Many have also agreed that the addition of the BR 101 has made HRR worthwhile in on itself and I have to agree. You would think it is a german loco like all the others that you might have driven in the game, but the 101 absolutely feels unique. I don't know how that has been achieved exactly, but it is so much joy to drive that thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. haninl0610

haninl0610 Active Member

Thank you very much for describing why I shall buy this route! I'm now in the PlayStation Store to buy the add-ons and I'm really excited to play them!