Sehs Route Is It Worth £17.49?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shhweeet#4292, Jun 28, 2021.

1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’m waiting for this to become cheap enough although I’m tempted at £17.49 because it’s the nearest thing we have to driving a Pendolino in TSW2 at the moment. Although I’m tempted to save my pennies for Rush Hour if that turns out to live up to expectations.

Is SEHS worth £17.49?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It's not that bad a route tbh.
    I've played it quite a bit. The first part is mostly tunnels though and has sparse scenery.
    It's quite fun driving at 225kmh and then switching power mode at Ebbsfleet so you can continue to Faversham using 3rd rail.
    There's a little bit of freight on SEHS if you own ECW and then there's the railtours too which add a bit of diversity to the route if you own TVL and NTP.
    The Javelin is fun to drive but is much slower on 3rd rail so you can have issues keeping to time in some places (namely Strood).
    The class 375 is pretty much the same as driving the 377 from ECW (coming again with RH).

• Like Like x 4
  3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely worth it. I paid full price for it and I have no regrets.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

If it is a choice between SEHS and Rush Hour then Rush Hour is the better choice as it'll give you three routes for only slightly more money than this one route, and it's likely only two months away by now. I wouldn't buy SEHS with any hopes it even vaguely evokes the Pendolino either, other than being an EMU with a rounded nose cone there is literally nothing to compare the two.

Without the above comparisons though, SEHS stands up very well on its own as a DLC. 17.49 is a good deal, and I'd be surprised if you see it much cheaper than that this side of Christmas 2021. The route has a decent variety of gameplay, and the only real downsides are the 375 being mostly the same experience as the 377 to drive, and some meh scenery at the HS1 end of the line, both of which are more than made up for with a 7.50 price reduction.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

For me, I thought it was worth full price for that length of route and 2 new trains (along with the 66 which I had before anyway)
    It's up to you what value it has for you

• Like Like x 3
  6. ARuscoe

Given they're both electrostars this would be fairly obvious... And this will make the BML a big let down as the GX is also an electrostar, so should be the same again

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Along with the class 465 it's great.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

It being obvious doesn't preclude it being a downside.

'Big let down' are harsh words to use in the context of Rush Hour given it is three routes for the price of one, so you're not reflecting any sentiment on my behalf. Yes, a downside of BML is that it will just be wall-to-wall Electrostars and for that reason I was never one of those pushing for a modern day BML in TSW, but in the 3-for-1 rush hour format I'm fine with it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Yes I think it's worth that, don't think it will get any cheaper anytime soon, I've enjoyed many hours in the 395!

• Like Like x 1
  10. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Yes! In particular if you already own the Class 66 from ECW. I even bought the 465/9 'cause it adds more variety.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ARuscoe

If you're the sort of player who "just wants to drive trains", that's all well and good. I'll be uninstalling the non-UK routes as soon as RH downloads as I am not interested in the others, and if the OP is similar then RH will be a let down because the only new train, from the point of the driver, is pretty much the same as we already have

• Like Like x 2
  12. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Same

• Like Like x 1
  13. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Of course it is worth it. It is a spectacular route. It mixes high speed line with conventional line, as well as adding some freight and railtour thanks to the layers.
    In my opinion it's a lot of fun, as it has a lot of traffic. There are trains every few minutes at the stations, so you can end one service and take over another almost instantly. If you also buy the wonderful 465 it adds a lot of variety (although it doesn't add services). Thanks to this I have sometimes spent hours linking services as a driver and travelling as a passenger in the same session without it becoming routine.

• Like Like x 4
  14. shhweeet#4292

Thank for the replies guys. I’m edging towards SEHS. Rush Hour is better value with 3 routes and the actual rush hour part of it should be interesting but I’m only really interested in UK routes and trains tbh so SEHS probably has more value / interest to me. BML I should imagine will be very similar to ECW which I already have. Decisions decisions. :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. ARuscoe

The TRAIN will be similar, but the run itself very different... Four track running, high speed sections (compared to ECW), high speed crossovers... BML is a good drag

• Like Like x 3
  16. shhweeet#4292

That’s true they are different trains but you can kind of imagine your driving a Pendolino. Sort of. :D TSW2 desperately needs a proper Pendolino on a UK route though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ARuscoe

No route within the TSW2 route length would support a good pendo run... And to be fair, setting the accelerator to max then cutting back at 125 before sitting there for 30-60 minutes wouldn't be thrilling game play

• Like Like x 1
  18. shhweeet#4292

Fair point that.

The thrill of going at 125mph and watching it tilt via the front windscreen would be good though ;)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It is what driving a train is though sometimes. I think a lot of people would be very happy to do just that in a tilting train going round curves faster than any other train can. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve driven the HST on GWE and that’s a fairly straight, level route and the train doesn’t tilt. It may not be the kind of drive where you are taxed with lots to do but it can still be enjoyable.

• Like Like x 2
  20. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

"Is SEHS worth it at £17.49?"

Yes it was worth it at £24.99!!!!

"Do you think I should I should buy it?"

Well that's upto you.
    At £17.49 its a damn good price.
    I would also get the Class 465 add on as well. Don't worry about Rush Hour. It's £24.99 you'll find the money for it.
    SEHS is probably one of the best routes in TSW (IMHO) it should be in everyone's collection.

Regards
    Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  21. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I used to be the same but I’ve really gotten into the German Routes in TSW2 lately.
    I urge you to give the other routes a try especially since you’ll get them anyway. Learn the PZB and LZB systems and it becomes really satisfying.

I don’t like American trains but I’m excited about the Boston route, it looks really interesting and so different to European stock.

You may find you like the others and it will become good value for money so don’t delete them straight away!

• Like Like x 1
  22. ARuscoe

If you like watching simulated (incorrect) scenery flying past along a chorus of "Bing ... ... ... Bing". Not my thing

That's the thing, I like UK routes with UK signalling etc. Can't be bothered to learn the others because they just don't interest me

• Like Like x 1
  23. shhweeet#4292

Have most of the initial bugs on launch, if any, now been sorted out / patched?

• Like Like x 1
  24. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. kekanha#4892

I expect the pendular alpha, which is a FIAT, 440 but that reaches 250 km / h, more 25 than the normal FIAT. It is in use on the Lisbon-Porto route, in Portugal, and it is the fastest train of those that are not considered (high speed)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. kekanha#4892

and I have all the routes and DLC's. buy everything in promotions except the catchcart

• Like Like x 1
  27. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

I also have every route, loc, dlc etcetera etcetera. I love this game so much. I even bought a PS5 for it. I bought everything with discount to save some money, but still every penny is worth it.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

100% worth it

• Like Like x 1
  29. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

If you have not downloaded SEHS by now I'm not sure how to convince you to do so, maybe some nice screens to see what you are missing out on? 8c51d80e-56db-41e1-9da8-c7dd19037645.jpeg 3c3580ac-9c26-4363-ba0e-e4c3b37af15b (1).jpeg 7527168c-bc7f-4b94-86ed-f04038290ac9 (1).jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  30. shhweeet#4292

Ok I’ve given in and bought it along with the Class 465 add on. Not a bad deal because I’ve effectively got a free train add on (Just about ) by waiting a while to purchase it. I own NTP, TV, and ECW as well so the stuff that gets layered in from them also makes it worth getting for me. Thanks for the replies and views from everyone they were all much appreciated.

What to set my sights on next? Probably Cathcart Circle now called Scottish City Commuter when it drops a bit and then Rush Hour. Rush Hour is tempting but it’s only one British route included so I’ll wait to see what everyone actually says about the actual rush hour part of it before making a decision if it’s worth buying on my trusty original PS4 which I will have for a good long while get.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  31. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Enjoy the route and the class 465 (one of the best add-on trains yet).
    That's odd that the name for Cathcart Circle has been renamed. I wonder why they did that.

• Like Like x 2
  32. shhweeet#4292

I would imagine in order to give it an identity with regards to it being the first Scottish route in TSW2 and a better description of it’s core purpose which is a commuter route for those of us like me ( A casual train fan ) for whom Cathcart Circle didn’t really mean anything when I first learned of it.

TSW2 on consol probably attracts more casual train fans than any other platform? So re naming it probably made good business sense.

• Like Like x 1