PC Is This Game Have A Great Future?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Exxan, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Exxan

Exxan New Member

Like Train Simulator? I mean so much routes, trains, scenarios! Never ending support like Train Simulator! :)

Or this is a tech test and tech demo and support ends soon? :(

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

TSW has s big future ahead of it!

• Like Like x 3
  3. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Train Sim World is the Next Generation train simulator, more routes and locos will be released in the future, progress is slow at the moment as it is relatively new. It has taken 9 years for Train Simulator to gain so much content, and TSW is only in its second year.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 85Leaf

85Leaf Active Member

No, TSW is released and the developers have released some modules already. It's a graphically superior sim at this point in time, and despite some flaws tends to work very well. The community here is quite supportive too. TSW certainly has a future and the developers have said there is more to come (including fixes). I certainly enjoy TSW. :) Of course, as with any simulator, your own mileage may vary.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

The honest truth is that nobody knows.

After the Flight Sim World fiasco, we can't trust DTG to be straight with us regarding the state of the sim. I say this because DTG posted on April 11th, 'we're looking to the future of flight, building a simulation platform for the future,' less than two weeks later they said 'It is with great sadness that we announce the future closure of Flight Sim World.' Of course, they kept up the impression that the sim was going to be the future and continued advertising the DLC in between those two announcements.

If you're planning on spending any money on upgrading your PC especially for TSW I would personally hold fire for a while. If there's a route or loco for TSW that you're really passionate about then it might be worth buying it just for that, otherwise I'd say treat yourself to something for TS2018.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

Well, nobody that knows the answer to that question is going to tell you that "no, we're ending support soon", even if that were the case.

I will say though that the pace at which they're releasing routes and the recently announced console investment seems to indicate that they'll be here for at least a while longer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kestrel33

Kestrel33 Active Member

There are a lot of red flags that give me concern. I want the game to do well but, the lack of clear and consistent communication from Dovetail does nothing to alleviate these worries. So,for me, I'm currently taking the wait and see approach until I see the corrections and additions i would expect in a to see in a simulator at this point.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Me too, i will wait until there is at least a scenario editor with workshop before buying new DLC. I will for sure test drive them and refund them like i did with the WSR DLC. If you drive the route twice you allready have seen everything that the DLC offers.
    But for long term I don't want another DLC that after doing the few scenarios occupies unused my space on the hard drive. All the other DLCs right now are waitingfor new content and bugfixing.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

We cannot know for sure, but I really hope it will.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Exxan

Exxan New Member

Sometimes i'm afraid about this game future but i hope Dovetail Games really love TSW like TS and they will supporting this game for many, many years. I really want to play in TSW thousands hours!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Amtrak America

Amtrak America Member

As of now, it really has no future. With the quality of the routes, how short runs are, all the bugs and glitches, and how slow they are churning out DLC, I'm really not impressed.

12. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Well I just spent a very pleasant 45 minutes doing a service on the 166 from Paddington. Yes there is more to come, but really just how exciting to you expect driving trains to be..
    Once the traction updates trickle through on the shed and the HST its going to be pretty good fun on my GWE route, and with a few more additions to increase ambience/immersion its the future. Yes I know there are other competitors out there that offer multiplayer etc, but they don't offer UK or EU routes, and that's what I want.
    Together with TS20xx this ticks the boxes for my stress buster evenings away from work. With realistic expectations of the excitement levels offered by driving a train, I recommend it. I haven't always done and this reflects the ongoing development that Ive seen taking place, albeit slowly ;)

• Like Like x 4
  13. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

We also need better sound, and this is starts bugging me more and more.

Like, take this clip:

Yea, the quality isn't very good, but listen to the train as it passes by. What do you hear? The classic sound of wheels over joints (plus a wheel flat for extra immersion), but in TSW it doesn't sound like that. It picks sound from too many joints and for some reason all the joint sound seems to be equalized in volume. So instead of rhythmic -- thonk-thonk, thonk-thonk -- it sounds rather random. Horn sounds... less pathetic than what we have for Class 47, too.