Gresley P2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by willrussell21, Jun 29, 2021.

1. willrussell21

willrussell21 New Member

One major British steam loco we are missing is the LNER P2, so maybe we could get 2007 Prince of Wales and maybe an upgraded A1 Tornado with it for an A1SLT pack.

2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Caledonian Works have one listed on their extensive roadmap. So hopefully at some point one will appear. There are lots of other goodies on there as well.

https://caledoniaworks.com/future-dlc/

• Like Like x 1
  3. WhippleStripper

WhippleStripper Well-Known Member

I wouldn't get your hopes up. The list looks rather unachievable to me, especially as the founder of CW has announced his intention to scale things back in a few years time.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  4. theorganist

This list is supposed to be prior to the scaling back from what I understand of it, it is up to 2025. He has already released quite a few items over the last few months.

Personally I don't expect to see it all but judging by the speed he releases items a lot of it will see the light of day.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  5. WhippleStripper

WhippleStripper Well-Known Member

There're about 150 items on the list. That's over three he's got to release every month and I'd suggest a good proportion of them aren't commercially viable, so unless he's got an independent income he'll run out of money long before the list is anyway near complete.

With regards the P2, CR was very close to releasing one through Digital Traction, but the relationship seems to have cooled and all references to it's development have disappeared.

[​IMG]

Personally, I find CW very erratic in their plans and delivery and I wouldn't get my hopes up about anything that's announced until it's in their shop.

6. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Believe the P2 is waiting for the big new script package to be finished, as are quite a few other Caledonia Works projects like the A4. This is the most recent image, quite a bit of work has been done since the DT-era model.
    20210326193053_1.jpg
    Once the new scripts are done a lot of stuff should come out in quick succession, a decent amount of content is 80-90% complete at the moment and just waiting for that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. theorganist

There was a MR 0-4-4T which had appeared in the coming soon or in development section of the website which I was looking forward to but seems to have disappeared.

8. pogboyw21

pogboyw21 New Member

I have got a lot of CW models, and by their standards of detail, these P2s will be a great addition to train simulator, even though they are still unreleased, I am still happy that they are coming into the game.

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

10. boyts

boyts New Member

Although there are still many tasks to be completed, at the latest pace, they will complete all the goals for everyone to play with. Moreover, with the release of LNER A3 class locomotives, I feel that we are getting closer to P2 and we will definitely release P2 in 2025 or this year. I think it's only a matter of time now!

11. boyts

boyts New Member

Indeed, but I have found that the DT CR123 and CR815 levels that were previously sold for free by cw have disappeared, and recently cw has also sold CR123 on its official website (with some differences from before). This may be due to some issues with the relationship between cw and dt, but it does not affect the efficiency of cw production and the quality of locomotives. I believe that cw can make slight modifications to the original dt model and add its own script to sell it online