Network Southeast Class 47 Loco Add-on!which Route?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trainsimplayer2020, Jul 2, 2021.

1. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

Which route is required for Network Southeast Class 47 Loco Add-On DLC?

It does not say in description.

2. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

There is no route specifically required, you can drive it on any route in quick drive or if you build your own scenario, but if you want to use the included scenarios I think that would be Great Western Main Line.

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

4. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

Yes it comes with scenarios for Paddington to Oxford but you can run it on anything. Its main value is the NSE Mk2 carriages that come with it (as you can also use these with the NSE liveried 33 and 50).

Coincidentally I'm current working on a Workshop scenario that involves this DLC for the modern PDL route.

5. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

It's a standalone pack, effectively a repaint of the original Kuju Class 47 model (this model was upgraded and changed later but that only effected the Classic European Assets Pack). You don't need to pre-own anything to use it.

As stated above, however, its real value is in the coaches, to the point where you could argue its a NSE mk2 coach pack, with an NSE 47.

6. trainbraint

I think the NSE coaches also come with the London Transport Heritage Route, if I'm not mistaken. I would suggest getting that, since it usually is reduced by a lot in a sale like the one going on now and doesn't cost too much to begin with, and comes with a nice route itself to drive them on, considering they will work with any other loco, especially an NSE one, and also comes with a lot of stock (a 20, a Pannier tank and some 1938 stock - yes I know that these are, in effect, reskins but good value if you don't own the originals, even if you own some of the originals). Unless of course, you do want to drive an NSE 47. I would say that the as a decade-old reskin + coach pack it's reasonable at its normal price, but especially good in a sale.

7. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

8. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

9. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Member

I think the 47 is worth getting in itself as it has a more sensible acceleration and top speed than the old Kuju version. Not quiute as good as the one that comes with WCML over Shap or the now defunct Virgin Trains pack. I'm a sucker for NSE diesels anyway though.

10. trainbraint

With its price, I would still recommend getting it, just do remember it is an older addon.

11. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

It's old but for the price they put it on sale for it is worth it. I bought it for like a quid a few years ago and very much worth it.

If you like making NSE era scenarios then it is.the most cost effective way of getting NSE carriages (AP more expensive but better value for money as you get other liveries and sounds).

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I did not say Don't Buy It but just remember it is quite old - a repaint of the Class 47 in the Euro Loco Asset Pack
    The route is also quite old but there are some good scenarios and it is also quite cheap

Peter

13. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I don't need/want it but I was just curious, does the AP sound pack work with this version? If not then I'd not bother getting it anyway.

14. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Not sure as the loco and stock go in \railworks\Assets\RSC\Class47Pack01

The AP sounds for the Class 47 are in \railworks\Assets\AP\C47P\Audio\RailVehicles
    And the Audio for the Class 47 is separate from the locos in \railworks\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\Audio\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class 47

Might just be a case of editing the bin files?

Peter

16. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I bought Great Western Main Line yesterday (with the Class 121) and it made a wet afternoon very enjoyable. Some of the scenarios are flawed but for six quid, or two for just the route, it looks like a very good buy so far.

17. trainbraint

The 121 is a nice little unit. If you want more scenarios for it, the JT London - Aylesbury comes with some and also two chiltern railways heritage liveries, even when bought from steam, in case you are interested.

18. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

I have both the AP 47 sound pack and the NSE 47 and I can confirm that the sounds don't apply to the NSE loco (to be fair AP doesn't claim that it does).

Don't let that put your off - the real value is the carriages which can go with the NSE 33 (which does work with AP sounds) and the AP 50.