Graffiti For Livery Designer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by migmadmarine, Jul 2, 2021.

1. migmadmarine

migmadmarine Member

Since Matt mentioned how the art team enjoy doing the graffiti for routes, so why not have them do some graffiti decals for us to apply to our liveries? Graffiti is pretty ubiquitous on American freight cars, and with how the livery designer currently works, there isn't really any way to replicate it.

• Like Like x 5
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I think it will cause some issues with licensing as TOCs aren’t happy to see that on their trains even through the livery editor

3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I would only see the problem if someone recreated the TOC livery and then slapped graffiti on it. I know it's the train but I see that as a bit of a null&void concept, it's just a train really when in that context.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

We don’t know the details of the licence but I think it also cover the livery editor so that’s why they didn’t included that I mean even though the train is unbranded its still degrading for the TOC seing that and could revoke the licence

5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

We're assuming our own paint jobs aren't degrading for tocs to see.

As the resulting livery isn't shared publicly I can't see any issue for graffiti being present.

AFAIK only the ICE vehicle itself is licenced along with its livery. Which is why it hasn't been allowed in livery competitions. Other locos don't seem to be licenced.

If tocs really detested graffiti as degrading their image, I would have thought they'd be quicker to remove it from the real thing!

Would enjoy this if it ever came. Either that or a spray paint tool!

6. migmadmarine

migmadmarine Member

Yea, we aren't meant to be making branded liveries anyway, so I don't quite see how the argument holds up, as graffiti is no worse than anything we are already capable of doing with the editor as is. If someone wanted to right now they could put together their own version of a branded livery and plaster swastikas all over if with the tools we currently have.

• Like Like x 2
  7. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I would love to see this. I can't seem to make anything nice with the livery editor so I would love to have premade Graffiti that you can slap on trains.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  8. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

That would be nice. maybe we could also have an automatic weathering system. If you tick a box it will give you a slider and depending on the position on the slider the more or less weathered your train would be

• Like Like x 1