PC Please Ship Pc Version With Ue4 Console Enabled (like Unreal Tournament) (for Fov & Virtual Reality)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Martin Winkelmann, May 28, 2018.

1. Martin Winkelmann

Martin Winkelmann Member

As this is a singleplayer game there won't be any problems regarding cheating and achievements can be unlocked using an external software anyway, this has been the case for many years and Valve probably won't do anything about it now.

I especially need it to adjust my FOV as I am currently working on getting it to work in VorpX until native support is out. (If I am not mistaken it may even be possible to enable VR through the console?)

I actually got it to sort of work by forcing a wider FOV using a very buggy hack in VorpX which sadly caused a ton of visual bugs and significantly impacted performance, video here (read warning in description for motion sickness):

At least for VorpX users like me, changing the FOV in the game itself would remove the need to use resource intensive true 3D (it is required for the FOV hack) and would allow us to use fake 3D based on the depth buffer, it doesn't look as good but would still be fine until native support comes out.

Thank you!

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I bought VorpX the other day and have been experimenting with it, testing it out on games, including TSW - I must say I'm impressed, although as you say, the FOV does need amending slightly as it's all too close and does affect sense of speed when in cab.

I did see somewhere, a while back I admit, where it was possible to extract some of the TSW files and make amendments (not talking about Engine and Game Settings) but for the life of me I can't remember where, perhaps something could be done to amend FOV in one of those extracted files?

Perhaps now TSW is available on PC, Xbox and PS4, mayabe they might look into VR themselves at some point

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Well playstation 4 have their own VR hardware so maybe they can adapt it to that someday