Will Routes Before Rush Hour Release Be Upgraded For Next Gen?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Boda09, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Will the routes like cane creek benefit from better detail or munchen have all the layers enabled after the summer update for the unreal engine on next gen consoles like the PS5?

2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Yes

3. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

To add to this, some of the upgrades marked on the roadmap that the preservation have been working on should also come out with Rush Hour. Anything marked with a small R should be expected with the core upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Don't see how cane creek will being made rush hour compatible as in real life its not a passenger route and it has barely 1 to two trains a week!
    In the latest Rush hour roadmap they said that there could well be an update to the PS5 Xbox next gen series of TSW for Munich Ausburg layers. Which could mean the extra layers will be back for HMA ONLY on the next gen consoles.

It was also mentioned just after Rush hour was announced that some of the older routes could be made rush hour compatible in the nature of more passengers added. This is not a its going to happen, its a could happen.
    Have a look at the roadmap on you tube.

Hope this helps.

Hentis

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I would quite like older routes to be upgraded to Rush Hour if possible especially with regards to the number of passengers. As for Rush Hour itself it seems really good value if you play all routes from different countries but not so much if you only want British routes. ( That might change for me one day if I become brave enough and more competent enough to try a none British route by which time it might be on sale really cheap ;) )

Btw I bought SEHS last night and have only had a quick go on it but there did seem to be more passengers about both on the platforms and the trains. Am I just imagining that?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t think the question from the OP was about making them into Rush Hour type routes, it was more about the level of detail for next gen consoles after Rush Hour and that being available for older routes.

To answer that question, it all depends on what parameters DTG set and what happens automatically within the game engine when the various versions get a build made for each platform. Some things may just improve automatically without any work being done specifically to those routes. That’s if my understanding of how the various platform builds are made is correct.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I also bought DLC SEHS. Indeed, there are many more passengers than on other routes.

8. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Yes that was my question to dtg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The amount of information from DTG is rather sketchy so far, with the understanding that details about the upgrade will be revealed gradually over the next few weeks, assuming that it will be coming in August - September. For instance when asked about graphics improvements such as better draw distance, MP quickly deferred any answer to nearer the launch. Maybe, some of the details are still being worked on, but all we can do is take a wait and see attitude and live with the uncertainty. Think of us as little kids waiting for our Christmas gifts ( and it's only Halloween).;)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1