More Area To Walk

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tehangrybird345, Jul 4, 2021.

1. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

I believe that most routes don’t have enough space to walk around unless you glitch out (which is something that shouldn’t be patched). I think Rivet set a great example with this at Arosa where you can walk around the entire lake. I think that future routes should be like that with more freedom to walk anywhere. It’s more immersive and great for roleplaying

• Like Like x 7
  2. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I don't see why they should put so much efforts into something like this. The train stations? Yeah sure, great to walk on them. But I'm not expecting GTA level of built areas. At the end, it's about driving trains. Sure, the lake in Arosa is a nice thing. But to be honest? I've walked around the sea exactly once. It's nice. But that's it. I doubt I'll walk around the lake more often. Not because i don't like it - I do. But I'm not that much intestesd in that bacause actually I want to drive a train. Not have a walk.

3. siobhan83

siobhan83 New Member

I’d love that too. I noticed a glitch at Kirkhill on the Cathcart Circle Line where you’re able to walk a bit further away from the station. But other than that I haven’t found anymore, sadly. Where are the other glitches?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I actually get motion sickness walking about in TSW2 if I do it for too long so this wouldn't be for me. Cab sway is also permanently disabled for the same reason. Never get sick on a real train though....

5. siobhan83

siobhan83 New Member

How weird!

6. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

It's the same thing that causes sea sickness. Your eyes, watching the screen tell your brain that you're moving up and down and from side to side. Your inner ear tells your brain that you're sitting still in a chair. The conflicting information causes nausea. It doesn't affect everybody in the same way fortunately. On an actual moving train the information from your eyes agrees with the information from your inner ear so there's no conflict and no sickness. Mind you, some people get car sick.....

7. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Whilst the enlarged walking area may not be for everyone, I would favour some more space being allocated around the stations and facilities areas. It is just odd that you get blocked from the street side of station buildings in numerous cases.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Maybe just adding a couple of little areas along the route that are of significance.

E.g. a narrow path that we could take on foot to get to the arch on Cane Creek
    upload_2021-7-5_11-26-27.png
    It doesn't have to be an entire city the route takes place in, but little things here and there could push the TSW a bit further as "not just driving". A big part of rail enthusiasm is railfanning. Having some more freedom around the track can provide some cool new views.

• Like Like x 4
  9. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

While we're on the subject, a jump function would be really desirable.
    How often have I got stuck with the figure lately. be it on the Rapid Transit route or the Peninsula Corridor, where my figure just clings to something on the platform or the figure just can't get over the rail. a brave jump over the rails would quickly solve the problem, and there was by no means the level limit... the figure simply ran against the track but not over it

10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

IIRC, the jump was supposedly developed back in 2017, but it extremely increased the need for prooftesting the invisible barriers all over the maps. So for a little bonus, the routes would become way more complicated to create and test. Don't quote me on that, but I think Matt has mentioned something like this on a stream some time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would like to see the ability to walk a bit further. Onto a station forecourt for example or the road outside. On some routes it would be nice to walk around on some of the surrounding scenery, for example the fields adjacent to the line on the West Somerset Railway or further along the lanes near Dunster station, just so you can get a bit of a different perspective.

I certainly wouldn't expect to be able to walk miles but I think quite a lot of immersion could be added but allowing that little bit extra freedom.

I like Rivits approach to this on Arosa and at Ryde on the IOW.

• Like Like x 2